Ecotec GA exhaust - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ecotec GA exhaust
Wednesday, May 18, 2005 7:58 PM
alright i wanna upgrade my stock se exhaust to dual like the grand am gt is...i dont wanna pay 700 dollars and installation for some big system but what can i do that is relatively cheap and can give me the dual exhaust like the gt, it can be single or double on each side, doesnt matter....

Let me know, any help is appreciated

Matt

Re: Ecotec GA exhaust
Sunday, May 22, 2005 12:44 AM
The best thing you can do is order a exhaust setup which will cost around $500. This way it's easier for the shop to install it cause it's ready to just bolt on and saves you headache of fitment issues.

I would highly suggest Magnaflow or Borla setups. If you have anymore questions just contact me or reply to this post.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, May 23, 2005 9:21 PM
IMHO i would say that dual exhaust on an ecotec would be how do you put it lightly (queer) not as in gay but as in abnormal. The point of dual exhuast on a vehicle with a v block is functional because the exhuast is seperated into two different systems and produce a free flowing system. Adding dual mufflers to a 4 cylinder motor only creates more back pressure. a single exhuast pipe system with a high flow muffler will bring you better results. BUT! exhuast is not always about what anyone else thinks its also about opinion and taste. But when i see a four banger with dual exhuast i just think "gay". I dont like things on vehicles that arent functional. But your money so spend away. Or you could buy a single tip exhuast for half the price and spend money on other items for more power. But once again its all opinion. I dont claim to be a rocket scientist but i know a thing or two.

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Monday, May 23, 2005 9:33 PM
Quote:

i would say that dual exhaust on an ecotec would be how do you put it lightly (queer) not as in gay but as in abnormal.

That's a bit of a closed minded statement. Not everyone who has a car wants all performance. Most people like dual exhaust setup because some people think it looks nice (like myself) if it's done right.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005 1:31 AM
NJs Honda Killa wrote:
Quote:

i would say that dual exhaust on an ecotec would be how do you put it lightly (queer) not as in gay but as in abnormal.

That's a bit of a closed minded statement. Not everyone who has a car wants all performance. Most people like dual exhaust setup because some people think it looks nice (like myself) if it's done right.

Yeah i agree i was a little out of line there last night i do apollagize. I think its good for everyone to have their own style and i think i was just in rare form that night so im sorry. I like to hear everyones opinion i myself just cant justify the cost.

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Wednesday, May 25, 2005 4:07 AM
Quote:

Yeah i agree i was a little out of line there last night i do apollagize.

It's all good.

Thursday, May 26, 2005 12:22 PM
Okay guys, maybe not dual exhaust as in 2 mufflers...but dual exhaust as in to outlets from the same muffler like a grand am gt....that is what i want, i dont care about loudness n stuff, i just want exhaust on both ends of the bumper so my gt bumper will look right.
Thursday, May 26, 2005 7:07 PM
I have a Dynomax Super Turbo Camaro muffler with one in and 2 out. The only thing different is I brought the tips out thru the bumper reverse lights, it looks pretty cool IMO.

2.2L Ecotec - Vortec Supercharged
Wednesday, June 01, 2005 2:36 PM
how does it sound? too high pitched?
Wednesday, June 01, 2005 5:40 PM
personally most people i've talk to agree that the dynomax sounds the best if you're switching out the muffler, i've also heard good things about the flowmaster 80 series as well.....and they're also running 2.5 in piping
Monday, June 06, 2005 6:38 AM
good to see another ECO GA.

exhaust questions?
Answers

being that your new ill break it down for you. you can get some info off of this website and the jbody.org. however i usally stick with GAOC or GAGT alot of people on this website and jbody give false information. it happened to me twice were i was told something by multiple people and when i bought the part i found out they were wrong. all this 2.5" nonsense. dont listen to these people. we have high combustion engines. and just pretty much like any other motor its a function.

F(Power)=(More Air)More Fuel+Stock HP

being that our motors are high combustion they love to breath. so let them. now here's my example you get comments like this

Quote:

The point of dual exhuast on a vehicle with a v block is functional because the exhuast is seperated into two different systems and produce a free flowing system.

only mustangs have true dual exhaust. but even then exhuast is not seperated into two different systems because they all either have and x or y pipe to combined. soem are strait back but its not to common. GM's are all really single exhaust. look on my webpage. all it is is one muffler with two exhaust tips. theres been plenty of discussion and what dual exhaust is and isnt. but obviously this guy has now idea and is feeding you wrong information

Quote:

Adding dual mufflers to a 4 cylinder motor only creates more back pressure. a single exhuast pipe system with a high flow muffler will bring you better results

Sure..................OK

Quote:

But when i see a four banger with dual exhuast i just think "gay". I dont like things on vehicles that arent functional

Now my dual exhaust isnt functional.lol this guy is a rip. im sureanyone would chose my car over his anyday.............but to each thier own. this is just the example i wanted to give you. if you were to listen to this guy you woud end up buying a single exhaust outlet..

NOw comming from somebody who has a FULL EXHAUST SYSTEM on a GRAND AM id say go either with the SLP or Borla. SLP is Louder, but thats why i got it. think you atleast have the option to use slp parts. bottom line this board is mostly liberals and canadians and alot of people on the grand am boards say the same thing about ALOT of the people on this board. they like to bitch to much and their idiots. Not all but ALOT

Click My Sig For My Website

Friday, June 17, 2005 7:24 AM
I am doing dual magnaflow mufflers, each is dual tip, I am not in it for the performance near as much as the looks, as i do much more show than racing.

That being said it should be an improvement from the stock system especially if you change out the header. I am gonig to do a pacesetter ceramic header, high flow cat, 20" or more resonator, and dual magnaflow mufflers.

Like said above not everyone is about perfromance.

Depending on where you are, you can prolly get a setup built for less than it would cost to buy a premade one.

http://www.aplusperformance.com
http://www.modified-motorsports.com
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search