race tonight - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
race tonight
Monday, May 02, 2005 8:24 PM
Well i dont know where to post this, since the racing forum states no street racing

I went with a 98 Neon R/t tongiht, (2.0, 5spd, AEM CAI, Chikara Header) against my 04 Cav (2.2, 5spd, Weapon R SRI, bottle muffler)

We started off, i had him out of the hole by about 3 feet, then we rode there unitll the shift to thirs when he passed me and pulled all through 3rd and inot the start of 4th, i ended up losing by just over a length..

Is that pretty good or should i be able ot win that?

Re: race tonight
Wednesday, May 04, 2005 8:45 AM
I GUESS YOU DID NOT UNDERSTAND NO STREET RACING? IF YOU HAVE TO POST IT MAKE IT REGARDS TO THE TRACK. USUALLY YOU'LL BEAT MOST PEOPLE OFF THE LINE BUT A R/T NEON YOU SHOULD OF HAD IF YOU WERE RACING ON THE TRACK. SOMETIMES I POST IN ALL CAPS

Quote: no ofence man but if you have so much experience in all that why does your car look like crap?

Sunday, May 08, 2005 12:18 AM
Dude, I don't even know what to say. You should've smoke that Neon even though it's an R/T. I had one of those Neons and I own an 03 Sunfire now. The Sunfire is WAY faster (it's ECOTEC no doubt this engine is the best) than Neon. Besides, your car has extra 0.2 liter and it's 6 years younger, so I believe you should have won the race.
P.S. Neons have headgasket problems which is pissing me off, but I don't care because I no longer drive it ))
Sunday, May 08, 2005 8:48 AM
but my short ram intake as opposed to his true cold air and full header back exhaust...;ld give him the advantage for the win wouldnt it?
Sunday, May 15, 2005 7:33 AM
Yeah, if he did the CAI/H/E he should have the advantage. That stock car it pushing 150 hp but only 133 torque. With the mods he did he should be up to the amount of torque your eco is pushing out. However the hes got about a 300lb advantage over you so if specs were equal, you have a .3 sec disadvantage in the quarter going into the race. In all honesty though, its a drviers race. Even with cars that are slightly better then yours, you can still beat them if you launch and shift well. Some very cheap mods that you could do, about 300 total, would be upper/ lower engine mounts and a short throw shifter. If you did this rerace him and you shouldn't have a problem. Hope that helps.

Rich
Tuesday, May 17, 2005 7:40 PM
good almost kill..get him next time...i have a supercharger kit that will for sure do the job! or the bottle is always fun!
Sunday, May 22, 2005 12:48 AM
go on j-body.org in the Versus forum and post stuff like this so you don't here any crap from people.

Get him next time you race...

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search