Caught My Interest.... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Caught My Interest....
Monday, May 02, 2005 5:45 AM
Hello everyone,

Im new here and would like to say that i am enjoying the page (lots of info.). and i have just a few questions that i was wonering if i could get answered. ok :

1. how much does a 2.2 ecotec engine cost and where can i buy it.

2.would i be able to replace my 2200 in my 1999 chevrolet cavalier stock to a 2.2 ecotec.

3. is this process time consuming and difficult for someone who has little to no idea about engines.

thanks everyone i appreciate it.

Re: Caught My Interest....
Monday, May 02, 2005 8:26 AM
I personally think that anyone that has no experence should start by doing a swap but should be there to help and learn. Any swap, if done right will take time, because you want to make sure everything goes back the way it needs to and so that you don't have extra parts! Yea, it could fit in but I don't know the cost of swaping it. I would get the 2.0 SC eco to swap if I was going to do it to make it worth doing. You have to think that the cost of the car+ the cost of the swap will more than likely cost the same is if you bought a 02+cav with the motor and it will not have any problems related to doing a swap (things not fitting right, wireing, etc.). You can spend all that money that some granny can go out and buy you know?

Quote: no ofence man but if you have so much experience in all that why does your car look like crap?

Monday, May 02, 2005 8:27 AM
also .........Welcome!

Quote: no ofence man but if you have so much experience in all that why does your car look like crap?

Monday, May 02, 2005 10:16 AM
then why not go out and buy a new 2002... hmm well thanks anyway.
Wednesday, May 04, 2005 8:46 AM
A USED 2002 BUT YOU WOULD MORE THAN LIKELY HAVE LESS OR THE SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY INTO IT AND LESS PROBLEMS!

Sunday, May 22, 2005 1:21 AM
If you go on Ebay, you can find them with the transmission for DAMN cheap. I've seen some at $600...shipping might be an issue.

You can also go to www.j-body.org and check out the classified areas...they are always selling new or used low-mileage ECOTEC motors. Good luck.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search