hp question - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
hp question
Saturday, May 14, 2005 10:33 PM
i was thinking about buying the intake manifold from importbuilders.com....on the site it says that its the best mod u can buy for the money....or something to that effect....what kind of results should i expect out of this......thanks for the help.

Re: hp question
Sunday, May 22, 2005 1:10 AM
Every company that sells something always uses "We are the best..." or "We have the best..."

In all honesty, if you N/A you best option is getting Venom's new ECOTEC Intake Manifold. It's newly released and on special order and expensive (supposidely over $1000 right now). If you are turbo'd, the log style manifold would be your best way to go. Twistec Performance makes one for our car for a decent price. Import builders is an ok company from what I hear but I would trust companies more American or J-body related.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, May 23, 2005 9:03 PM
NJs Honda Killa wrote:Every company that sells something always uses "We are the best..." or "We have the best..."

In all honesty, if you N/A you best option is getting Venom's new ECOTEC Intake Manifold. It's newly released and on special order and expensive (supposidely over $1000 right now). If you are turbo'd, the log style manifold would be your best way to go. Twistec Performance makes one for our car for a decent price. Import builders is an ok company from what I hear but I would trust companies more American or J-body related.

I think thats a little ignorant the manifold from import builders is a decent manifold. The venom one seems to be nice but for a grand id rather jack off in my mothers eye. Ill make it clear im not bashing you NJs Honda Killa i respect everyones opinion and im just giving my input. You will see a noticable gain from the intake manifold but when it really performs is when you do head work with a porting job. If you want to get power buy the race head that they have on importbuilders.com. They offer great support and good knowledge and know how. I'd Guess 7-10 hp

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Monday, May 23, 2005 9:24 PM
Quote:

You will see a noticable gain from the intake manifold but when it really performs is when you do head work with a porting job.

That's slightly true. Opening up the ports will help but if your head will only take in the amount of air that your intake manifold is allowing. If your manifold is really restrictive, it's not putting your P & P head to its full potential.

Quote:

I think thats a little ignorant the manifold from import builders is a decent manifold.

Not at all is that an ignorant statement. I never said it was a bad manifold, all I commented on was how companies advertise their products, which is a true statement.

Quote:

If you want to get power buy the race head that they have on importbuilders.com.

Your other option is Patriot Performance (www.patriot-performance.com) or J-Body Performance (www.jbodyperformance.com) which I believe they sell a full head ported & polished.

Quote:

They offer great support and good knowledge and know how.

Both companies I listed have good customer support & knowlege also.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, May 25, 2005 1:35 AM
Yes i agree the other companies you listed are reputable companies. I was just suggesting some things not saying that was you said was wrong just stating opinion. I was just defending the company. And when i was suggesting that the head work will improve power i was saying that with the intake manifold it will show some real power

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search