2004 Grand Am Ecotec 2.2L - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2004 Grand Am Ecotec 2.2L
Sunday, May 29, 2005 11:46 PM
Im rather new to the tuning scene, but I have always had a love for fast cars. During my research, I have learned that the Ecotec block is GM's "tuner" engine. My only problem is that when I search for parts for my 04 Grand Am 2.2L Ecotec, all I come up with is Chevy Cavalier and the Pontiac Sunfire.

What I need to know is if Cavalier and Sunfire aftermarket parts (mainly intake, chips, superchargers... etc) are compatible with my my 04 Grand Am 2.2L Ecotec engine (or any 2.2L ecotec engine for that matter).

Thanks in advance and cool site!

-G33M4N

If it looks fast, it probably isnt!

Re: 2004 Grand Am Ecotec 2.2L
Thursday, June 02, 2005 4:19 PM
Any internal engine part (i.e. pistons, crank, rods, valves,ect) will be the same as cavalier, sunfire or Ion.

Intake manifolds, throttle bodies, spark plugs, plug wires would be the same.

After-market intakes are questionable. Some appear to be the same part numbers, or at least RKSports are the same for Cavalier and Grand Am.

Ion, Cavalier, & Sunfires After-market headers I'm pretty sure are different, from what I've seen at least.

As for performance chips for an ecotec.. ALL of them are crap & a waste of money as of now. At least that is what I've heard from alot of "J" owners. Perhaps later on, someone will come up with something decent.

If you are registered on this site, you can use your username & password to log in to JBO. Even though it's a "J" body org, there is alot of information about ecotecs there as well.

http://www.j-body.org/index.php
Tuesday, June 07, 2005 11:53 AM
why did you erase my post? im assuming your from canada. not allowed to bash jbody or this site? bs

Click My Sig For My Website
Tuesday, June 14, 2005 9:49 PM
y would someone want to bash jbody or this site
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search