Need Cams - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need Cams
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 4:48 PM
Anybody out there that has a good set of camshafts please let me know about them. I am soon to be turbo and soon will have stand alone, but also in need of a good set of cams

Re: Need Cams
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 5:30 PM
J-Body Performance has some.

www.jbodyperformance.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My Car Specs
Club J-Body Montreal Forums
Thursday, June 02, 2005 4:36 PM
GM makes performance camshafts for ecotec. I don't know how much they cost, or if their out yet.

You could find the part #'s for all GM performance stuff for ecotecs on this post:

http://www.ecotecpower.com/forums/read.php?f=4&i=2154&t=2154
Friday, June 03, 2005 10:48 AM
Turbo cams and NA cams are different. You can get NA cams but when you go turbo you will also want to get cam gears so you can cut down the overlap on the NA cams. On the ecotecs larger casm are imfamous for throwing codes, but If you are going stand alone you might as well go for large cams because you wont have to deal with the codes.

For large cams you will have two options, you can go with a custom grind or a predefined profile. I think the largest cams for the Ecotec are out stage 2's, but on 80% of the cars they are too large and do throw codes. We also have a new type of cam called a TriFlow that we are almost finished testing. It is a large cam but uses a new technique to help eliminate codes.
Friday, June 03, 2005 11:26 PM
I Got the Crane stage 1 from Howell. They pull my car very nicely now with all the bolt-on's. Not throwing a single code.

Sunday, June 05, 2005 11:40 AM
Im going with the turnkey 290hp engine so I aint gotta worry bout it hehe
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search