Fishing for info. 2.2 eco with megasquirt. - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fishing for info. 2.2 eco with megasquirt.
Sunday, June 05, 2005 10:35 PM
I'm relatively new to the megasquirt scene. I have seen one installed onto a 280Z, but that's about it. I just bought a 2.2 eco for a project, and I'm really not sure what I need to do to run it with a megasquirt.

My main concern is ignition, and if i should go with the megasquirt 2 for sequential injection. The base MS has 2 injector drivers, so I could go 2/2 bank firing.

On the ignition, I know that a MS can control ignition through the use of a ford EDIS, but I'm not sure if I need to go with the ford parts or if the stock components can give me the same results. Also, would I be better off going with something like a MSD 6-AL, and what additional parts would I need to make that work if any? (Although I know it owns, a digital7 is not in budget)

Against my better judgement, I'm going to say what the car is. I usually find that not saying it's a Fiero helps, but I'll take the flames to avoid the 50 replies asking what it is. Please realize that most if not all of the bad things you have heard about the fiero are completely false. I'd rather this not be a discussion on the platform I chose for the car.

I understand that nobody is going to hold my hand through all of this, I just need some information on what is required. I do not expect anyone to tell me exactly where to put each wire.

Re: Fishing for info. 2.2 eco with megasquirt.
Thursday, June 09, 2005 7:56 AM
Dj Clueless just set his car up with mega squirt ask him. he may have the answers your looking for.

Re: Fishing for info. 2.2 eco with megasquirt.
Saturday, June 11, 2005 6:34 PM
right on we are planning an ecotec swap to my buddys 84 fiero he is the original owner. Yeah Fiero's kick serious butt i love em and they dont deserve a bad rep. I have a couple friends that built a mega squirt and are usin it on a turbo mazda truck i forwarded this thread to him he may be able to help

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search