P.O.S. Chevy - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
P.O.S. Chevy
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 12:50 PM
Don't get me wrong I love chevy but regarding my colbalt and whether or not they may a S/C or Turbo this is the e-mail I got:

Thank you for visiting the Goodwrench website.

We appreciate your email regarding your 2006 Cobalt LS, Mr. Arnett.
Unfortunately, General Motors does not manufacture a supercharger, or
turbo
charger for your vehicle. Also, the Ecotec 2.2L Supercharger kit (GM
part
number 17800003) is for use on 2003-2005 Cavaliers and Sunfires, only.
We
apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Then I got a call this morning from them stating that they have no plans on making a S/C or turbo for my car and that if I place the Cavs S/C on my car my warrenty will be voided...... here's the funny part though they told me that if I find a aftermarket S/C for my car that it wouldn't void my warrenty..... GOD how backwards is that

Chris.....

P.S. thinkin about tradin my Colbalt in for an Honda SI already and I thought I would have fun with this car but alas it's nothing more than a headache

Few Love Me....Many Hate Me....All Fear Me

06 Colbalt Sunburst Orange 2.2 Ecotec

Re: P.O.S. Chevy
Sunday, August 13, 2006 8:53 AM
Dude, no matter how fd up gm parts can be, dont back out now! hopefully im not too late, but you can always search for a wrecked cobalt ss. they are there! keep searching, or if anything, go to an aftermarket s/c or t/c. Those do void even a honda warranty. Da Cavalier Kid Strikes Again!
Wednesday, August 16, 2006 11:43 AM
You're looking for the GM supercharger only, it's actually an Eaton M62 that they use to supercharge the Cobalt SS, look on Ebay for just the "Eaton M62 supercharger", that's how I got mine. It takes a little extra modification, but ohhh is it worth it. And if you want to go Turbo, look at Hahn Racecraft, or just find a used turbo somewhere and replace the bearings to be safe. You can turbo just about anything, and the only thing you really need to find is the turbo port manifold, after that, it ain't hard, it's just time consuming.
Sunday, September 10, 2006 8:41 AM
man @!#$ your warranty, gm parts are @!#$ up and if you get a honda si i hope you get beat by a @!#$in cavalier or cobalt. HONDA's SUCK DICK
Sunday, September 10, 2006 7:58 PM
I am inclined to agree with triktera. if GM were the least intelegent they would have thought enough of their engine to offer the supercharger for all vehicles with said engine and not just Cherry Pick which ones get to have fun. this is the reason why I am selling my saturn and buying a NISSAN at least NISSAN supports all their vehicles not just one or two.

"Racing is life Everything else is just waiting"
Phil
Thursday, September 14, 2006 5:23 PM
or you can buy the gmcharger kit and then get hp tuners to tune it its all basicly the same and it should all bolt in with no problem the obnly problem you will have is the reflash

Monday, September 18, 2006 6:15 PM
for the cobalt yes HP tuners is a viable option. My car on the other hand is totally unsupported.....Oh well.

"Racing is life Everything else is just waiting"
Phil
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search