Motor mounts - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Motor mounts
Thursday, June 02, 2005 5:40 AM
Hi was wondering for those of you that have lower and upper motor mounts, are the vibrations really that bad? I mean on like a 1 to 5 scale, 5 being just horrible what would you rate them. Thanks for you help.

Re: Motor mounts
Thursday, June 02, 2005 5:42 AM
Depends on what you're used to.. I'd rate it a 3 compared to being in a normal stock car at 0, and a full race drag car at 5...

Thursday, June 02, 2005 5:46 AM
Well I was just wondering, because I read a review of the rksport ones, and the guy said his dash was vibrating so bad that he couldnt see his clock on the radio. I wouldnt want anything like that.
Thursday, June 02, 2005 8:33 AM
Ive got the upper from RKSPORT and the lower from prothane. Well during winter it vibrates from 15mins and it fades a little. But during summer its not that bad. I was on the impression that everyone gives around here it was vibrating like mad.

but on scale of 5 i give a 2.5

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My Car Specs
Club J-Body Montreal Forums
Thursday, June 02, 2005 9:54 AM
My dash board doesn't vibrate that bad, and the vibrations only occur when the engine bogs down around 1500rpm.

I have 2200, but the vibration issues would be pretty similar.

The only problem with vibrations I had is a month after I installed mine, I noticed 1 exhaust manifold bolt was missing, 3 were finger lose, & 1 was unscrewed halfway. Most likely caused by vibrations, since I had never touched those bolts.

I just tightened them up, replaced the missing bolt and nothing wrong a month later.

Soon to have an ecotec, in about 3 months.
Thursday, June 02, 2005 12:57 PM
i'd give em a 2.5-3, do them both, if you do just 1 like i originally did ,lower mount, i would say a 5
Friday, June 03, 2005 11:31 AM
i olny have the lower on right now and it made a huge diff
it vibrates like a mofo! but its cool because after i get my upper mount next week my motor wont hit my core support anymore when im racing.

the vib are not bad at all but i guess im just thinking of the positives more

Saturday, June 04, 2005 5:15 AM
I have pretty lopey cams at idle, so the whole car shakes a bit..

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 4:41 AM
Upper and lower

Rate a 3, not bad but you don't forget that there.

Quote: no ofence man but if you have so much experience in all that why does your car look like crap?

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 4:12 PM
i got my upper on last night and i really wish i would have gotten these sooner they are ver y nice and my car hardly vibrates.

Friday, June 17, 2005 7:17 AM
both and a 2.5 its not bad some rattle, my vibes come at like 800-1k rpm just as I accel, outsde that its smooth

http://www.aplusperformance.com
http://www.modified-motorsports.com

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 7:38 PM
Lonnie, This is not exactly a reply to your question. I actually have a question for you. Would you happen to be the Lonnie Dobyns that I graduated from highschool with ten years ago? If so I'd like to chat. Thanks, Becca
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 8:44 PM
The vibrations are not that bad, and are worth the response. But if you are looking for a comfortable ride, then I wouldnt touch a thing. If you have an automatic, then throw it in N and it will minimize the vibes, likewise with a manual, push the clutch in at stops.

And as for the post above....do I smell a lil JBO romance brewin .

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search