K&N intake Question - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
K&N intake Question
Wednesday, July 12, 2006 5:42 PM
I'm thinking of adding a K&N typhoon intake to my 03 cavalier 2.2 ecotec. And down the road a Borla cat back. The borla basically because the one on my blazer has stood up well to 10 NY winters. As for the Intake, Do I need to worry about water / snow with the open filter design? Since this is my daily driver, and being a Fire Chief It will see lots of bad weather, So I wanted to see if anybody had input before I spent the money. Plus the airbox being gone allows easier access to the battery for wiring the lights and sirens. Right now it's got the k&n filter, and I'm happy with the power, course more is always better.

thanks
Steve

Re: K&N intake Question
Saturday, July 15, 2006 11:03 PM
Ive drove through typhoons with mine and never had any problems, so I would say its not an issue

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 9:04 PM
Actually I have a quick question about the K&N intakes. Can anyone tell or show me what the relocator for the clutch reservoir looks like? The POS Cosmo intake I bought didn't come with one so right now mine's free floating in the engine bay. I have a clip here that might work, but I'm just wondering how close it is to the real ones.
Tuesday, July 18, 2006 10:18 PM
Its nothing more than a piece of metal bent in a U shape that sits upside down and has a hole in it (to bolt it down) and an area for the resevoir to clip onto. Not pretty but it works.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search