More Power... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
More Power...
Wednesday, August 02, 2006 2:11 PM
Does anyone know what the 'best case scenario' would be for a heavily modified Cobalt SS? I ask because I've been looking at them and I have a glimmer of hope that again a Chevy can finally put a stop to this foreign rice burning. Basically my friends have rice burners and I want to tromp them but they are fast cars (300zx twin turbo, Integra, and MR2 all being modified for performance). Does the Cobalt SS have what it takes to compete? Or should I save my pennies for a GTO?

Re: More Power...
Thursday, August 03, 2006 4:56 AM
the goat

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Thursday, August 03, 2006 9:51 AM
Your Cobalt will not stand a chance against the 300ZX Twin Turbo. I would go for the Goat if I were you.

Thursday, August 03, 2006 10:01 AM
300zx is not a rice burner, thats a sports car

you'd be hard pressed to take one in a mildly modified cobalt SS

unless the zx is tired and old, and stock

Thursday, August 03, 2006 2:54 PM
Thanks for the input. Looks like I have some saving to do...
Monday, August 14, 2006 2:33 PM
saving for a goat? sounds good, if you like to spend into the mid 30ks to gain so so performance. sure 5s to 60 sounds great from any car, but that has 400 hp! The ss has 205 and gets there in 6! plus, it gets better mpg and gos 69+ through a 600 ft slalom, so it handles alot better. my advice, buy the ss, collect your 12k change, and put it under the hood. you'll be cooking asian in no time! da cavalier kid strikes again!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search