best header for supercharged 2.2 eco - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
best header for supercharged 2.2 eco
Monday, August 21, 2006 8:07 PM
i have a 04 cavalier w/gm supercharger and was wondering what would be the best header for this setup. 4-2-1 or 4-1. also anybody have suggestions on brand? rk sport, pacesetter, rsm?

Re: best header for supercharged 2.2 eco
Tuesday, August 22, 2006 5:10 AM
It doesn't matter for a forced induction setup. But personaly I have the Pacesetter ceramic coated header and I love it. The RK Sport style is ok and all its just I've heard it comes aweful close to the fuel lines.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 9:54 AM
what kind of horsepower gains should i expect with headers and high flow cat? what about ported throttle body?
Thursday, August 24, 2006 3:21 PM
Hmmm, thats a toughie. See the type of header you get effects the cars hp in different areas of the RPM band. A 4 into1 like the Pacesetter will give more mid and higher RPM hp where a 4 2 1 will do better in lower RPMs. Now this is just for N/A cars as forced induction blures the differences between these types.

Over the stock stuff tho I'd say a full exhaust with header and high flow cat.... maybe 10 hp at the most. The ported TB will give you maybe 2 hp tops, and thats only in the upper RPMs. Lower RPMs will suffer from lack of velocity and therefor will hinder lower RPM power.

My suggestion would be to do your exhaust and header of your choice and then focus on stuff like cams for the engine. You already have the supercharger so if you do header and full exhaust ( I'd recomend 2 1/2 inch due to the blower ) and then the cams, your talking about HP gains in the 20 hp range OVER what you currently have.

Hope this helps you.

Friday, August 25, 2006 6:30 AM
thanks, think i'll do the 4-1 header as the car has good low end torque right now, what cams would you recomend. Maybe comp cams? any suggestions would be helpful
Friday, August 25, 2006 2:08 PM
Comp Cams and get their supercharger grinds cause anything else just wouldn't make sence. I mean they are MADE with a supercharger in mind to give it the best power for the blower.

Comp Cams=VERY GOOD COMPANY!! 2 grest big thumbs waaaaay up!! Steer clear from any company that says they re-grind or re-manufacture the cams or if they want you old ones back then that means they re-grind cams. Sure some people will say theres nothing wrong with them that they are just as good as new cams, BUT let me ask you...
would you rather use NEW internal engine parts or ones that have been re-machined?
ME? I'd rather stick ones that I know for a 100% fact are brand new and perfect into my engine. But thats just me, I don't like useing re-done internal engine parts other then maybe a crankshaft. Everything else....be safe go with new.

Oh and the 4-1 header is a great choice you'll be happy. Just make sure you stick to
2 1/2 inch piping.

Sunday, August 27, 2006 8:51 PM
thanks for the input. lookin at first of the year, after some suspension upgrades.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search