best cat back for my 02 sunfire gt - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
best cat back for my 02 sunfire gt
Thursday, September 14, 2006 2:11 PM
whatup guys im a newb on this site, i ihave a 2002 2.4L sunfire gt 5 spd with a vibrant short ram intake...i am looking into getting a new exhaust system and i was wondering if anybody had any advice on what brand to get, i like the bigger mufflers and @!#$ that are loud and solid sounding not like a tin can tho, and wont run me too much money i got some tickets to pay off.

thanks

Re: best cat back for my 02 sunfire gt
Sunday, September 17, 2006 7:39 PM
bump..anyone?
Monday, September 18, 2006 6:19 PM
RK sport or weapon R header magnaflow cat and 2.25 inch pipe from there back to your choice of muffler

"Racing is life Everything else is just waiting"
Phil
Saturday, September 23, 2006 8:31 AM
I was thinking about just buying the jdm cat back exhaust or n-1 extreme cause they seem nice and its pretty cheap,

JDM- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-96-02-98-99-CHEVY-CAVALIER-SUNFIRE-CAT-BACK-EXHAUST_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33630QQihZ015QQitemZ250031097674QQrdZ1

N-1 extreme-http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/N1-CATBACK-EXHAUST-95-03-CHEVY-CAVALIER-SUNFIRE-96-97_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33630QQihZ014QQitemZ330030072684QQrdZ1
Wednesday, September 27, 2006 1:41 PM
the jdm looks good but it might be really loud I'd go with the n1 as it comes with a resonator and a larger muffler.

"Racing is life Everything else is just waiting"
Phil
Friday, September 29, 2006 4:38 PM
There really is no best cat-back...in the game of performance, there really is no best anything, it's all personal preference to be perfectly honest.

In the area of exhaust systems, a cat-back is just piping, a muffler and a resonator if you choose to add one.

You can have it custom bent at your local exhaust shop/performance shop and it could come out to be cheaper than buying a pre-made exhaust system. If you go this route, make sure they either do compression bends or mendral bends, otherwise don't do it. Pick up a muffler of your choice and if you want, pick up a resonator of your choice. The key to a nice low deep tone is a big resonator.

If you need any further help, just ask.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, October 02, 2006 10:01 AM
yeah i wanna go with the jdm i dont mind it being loud, the only thing is on the information on it it says in one part "95-02 Cavalier Sunfire 2.2L 2.4L." which would be right. then it says "application 95-02 cavalier sunfire 2.2 2.3" im guessing they meant 2.4 when i have the money for it im going to call and make sure it would fit
Monday, October 02, 2006 7:57 PM
oh yeah also it shouldnt matter that i would be going from dual exhaust to single exhaust right? i just want to make sure
Saturday, October 07, 2006 11:01 AM
Adam barberio wrote:oh yeah also it shouldnt matter that i would be going from dual exhaust to single exhaust right? i just want to make sure

Well, if you're aiming for performance, I'd stay with single. Less weight and more direct path for the exhaust to flow outwards.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, October 16, 2006 5:14 PM
yeah i see what ur sayng makes alot of sense thanks everyone who commented back.
Monday, October 23, 2006 6:49 AM
Dual is pointless unless you want the looks if your looking to build your car for hp buy the thermal r&d cat back. Single exit with low deep tones. The stuff off ebay is clamp @!#$ the rk sport is pricey but so is the thermal it really depends on future plans.

*2012 mazdaspeed3*

Thursday, October 26, 2006 3:52 PM
yeah im just not looking to spend 500+ on exhaust know what im sayin im gonna look up that exhaust system u told me bout see how much its runnin for. thanks
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search