what next - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what next
Sunday, November 26, 2006 8:37 AM
ok so i got the aem intake for my cavi and i already have an exaust on the car what could i do next for some more power... i am going to get the super charger that is made for my 2.2 but not just yet. so what would be the next practical thing i should do to my car? thank you all in advance ive learned alot here
dave

Re: what next
Sunday, November 26, 2006 6:08 PM
Me personally, I would save my money untill I have the supercharger just for the reason of having as much money as possible while making a big change like this.

Now, also understand that if you do get the GM reflash, you are very limited with tuning capabilities. Any modification to change airflow, you should adjust fuel consumption but you'd be incapable of using HP Tuners with the reflash. This is just an FYI incase you decide to want to drop to a smaller pulley size (the kit comes with an 3.5" pulley producing 9-10 PSI max).

But if you are still choosing to buy parts right now, I would say, purchase atleast colder spark plugs, don't install them just yet but have them around. Check out NGK, e-mail them for the part number for a supercharged ecotec jbody.

One last thing, the intake you have will either need to be replaced or cut up because the supercharger will take up most of the area that the intake is taking up. Look up pictures of an SS/SC engine and you'll get a good idea of what your engine bay will look like.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, November 27, 2006 8:32 AM
thanks alot i see what you mean about the intake... that kinda sucks but ahh well. thanks for the advise
dave
Monday, November 27, 2006 9:57 AM
Maybe cams and P&P head? Also, you didn't mention if you had header.
I think you could save your AEM intake and just put air filter right on the supercharger without any piping (I'm not sure about it, but I think it should work)
Cheers!
Monday, November 27, 2006 2:01 PM
david cotten wrote:thanks alot i see what you mean about the intake... that kinda sucks but ahh well. thanks for the advise
dave

You're welcome

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search