what should i get? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what should i get?
Monday, November 20, 2006 11:02 AM
im just wondering what style air intake i should use ive noticed that they come in an array of sizes, legnths, and styles i would just appreciate some insite on the matter. i just got the 2.2 03 cavalier coupe and im loving it!!! cant wait to get some more experienced insight on this matter THANKS

Re: what should i get?
Monday, November 20, 2006 4:58 PM
It doesn't really matter to be totally honest. The differences between them are very very small.

The key things to make sure of is that:

1. It is made for your vehicle as far as design
2. Has a hole and bung for your IAT sensor
3. Has all the clamps/coupler for a nice secure intake

To typically make sure of these 3 things happening, stick to a more reputable company. Typically, the cheaper the intake is, the more likely 1 or more of these 3 things can be ignored.

Good luck.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 8:12 AM
greatly appreciated thank you!!! if you have any other recomendations as far as performance please dont hesitate to fill me in thanks again
Thursday, November 23, 2006 11:46 AM
david cotten wrote:greatly appreciated thank you!!! if you have any other recomendations as far as performance please dont hesitate to fill me in thanks again

Go to ecotecforum.com and you can Private Message me on there. Keep in touch.

Thursday, November 30, 2006 12:15 AM
i have the CAI from AEM and i love it!! it gave me an xtra 4hp whch i know isnt alot in general terms but for just an intake thats pretty damn good it also improved my throttle response a bit

many changes in the making
my favorite part about doing bodywork,.......... bondo bugers
Thursday, November 30, 2006 3:57 PM
John VanCuran wrote:i have the CAI from AEM and i love it!! it gave me an xtra 4hp whch i know isnt alot in general terms but for just an intake thats pretty damn good it also improved my throttle response a bit

Is this dyno'd horsepower gain?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search