2.4l VVT motor mods? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.4l VVT motor mods?
Tuesday, December 12, 2006 7:30 PM
Hello,

Im new to this forum but I like what I see so far, good to know that there are so many ecotec fanatics out there

So yeah... I got an '06 Ion 3 with the 2.4l VVT motor and I was wondering if there are any bolt ons or easy mods for this motor to boost the base hp of 170, to somewhere around the 200hp mark? I am not talking about wheel hp but crank. I am sure that a loss in hp at the wheels isn't that huge with a 5spd manual, but anything is better than stock right?

Also, I heard, through some people, that the block on the 2.4l is able to hold up to 500hp??? I don't know if this person is full of it, but I just have to know!

Thanks.

Re: 2.4l VVT motor mods?
Wednesday, December 13, 2006 8:59 AM
Hmm, I found this... but don't know if it would make much of a difference in hp... what do you guys think?

Link
Wednesday, December 13, 2006 11:16 AM
Well for one it's very hard to say what will bump you up that much amount of power.

There are plenty of bolt ons and places you can go to for your car.

Check out CobaltPerformanceParts.com, he has parts for your engine.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 7:46 PM
Wow, I just checked out that site and thanks for forwarding it to me.

Another question about the 2.4, is there a way to convert the existing 4 bolt breaks to a 5 bolt? I know you can do it on other cars, but I was thinking about redline and swaping the breaks from that one to mine. Any one know how to do it if it is possible?
Wednesday, December 13, 2006 8:14 PM
Nick wrote:Wow, I just checked out that site and thanks for forwarding it to me.

Another question about the 2.4, is there a way to convert the existing 4 bolt breaks to a 5 bolt? I know you can do it on other cars, but I was thinking about redline and swaping the breaks from that one to mine. Any one know how to do it if it is possible?

Are you talking about the lugs? 4 lugs to 5 lugs?

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 8:17 PM
Also, there is plenty more websites that have something for your car here:

http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search