2.2L Cobalt/Borla - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2L Cobalt/Borla
Sunday, January 14, 2007 2:20 PM
I have an 06 Cobalt LS coupe with the 2.2L and the 5-speed. I was thinking of getting the Borla cat-back system (part number 140138)...does anyone have this or know how it sounds? I want the car to be a little louder but I dont want it to sound like a wheed whacker. How much would this increase hp and mpg? Also, any thoughts on mating that exhaust to the GM Accessories Extrude Honed Exhaust Manifold (part number 19131972)? Thanks.

Re: 2.2L Cobalt/Borla
Sunday, January 14, 2007 4:42 PM
Borlas typically sound nice and deep but they aren't usually looked into getting because they are so expensive. It's not needed to spend so much money when you can have it custom made to your liking with the same effect.

It wouldn't go to the manifold because it's only a cat-back (hence, piping from the catalytic converter and back).

Your MPG should increase because of getting rid of backpressure (restriction), your engine is able to (for a lack of better words) "breath" better. No one can tell you honestly how much HP you'll gain but I would recommend upgrading your whole exhaust system, this includes your b-pipe & catalytic converter to the same diameter.

If you have anymore questions, just ask.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, January 14, 2007 7:39 PM
if i change the catalytic converter that will change the emissions and require the engine computer to be recalibrated, right? how would I go about doing that?
Monday, January 15, 2007 2:14 PM
George Phillips wrote:if i change the catalytic converter that will change the emissions and require the engine computer to be recalibrated, right? how would I go about doing that?

No. You don't have to recalibrate anything. As long as you do it properly, you should have no codes being thrown. Look into Magnaflow High Flow catalytic converters.

Thursday, January 18, 2007 10:50 AM
ok thanks for the advice.
Thursday, January 18, 2007 2:38 PM
George Phillips wrote:ok thanks for the advice.

No problem

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search