crank pulley? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
crank pulley?
Thursday, December 29, 2005 8:13 AM
Here's another question what about the lightened crank pulley? Is that a good mod? Are there other pulleys available for 04 sunfire?Like alternator? Has anyone tried the crank pulley? And what was the experience? Info greatly apprecitated..

Re: crank pulley?
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 12:23 PM
hey Gray,i've done it to two of my cars and i've always been happy with the results,it takes away some of the parasitic drag only issue is if you have a big stero system,as for the alternator,not that i know of,you could check unorthodox racing for a set,hope this helps

if at first you don't succeed,you should probably give up
Thursday, January 12, 2006 10:07 PM
Gray Maudsley wrote:Here's another question what about the lightened crank pulley? Is that a good mod? Are there other pulleys available for 04 sunfire?Like alternator? Has anyone tried the crank pulley? And what was the experience? Info greatly apprecitated..

For the 2.2L ecotec there is the RKSport one, we are a bit cheaper than buying it direct. Email us with any questions.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Tuesday, November 28, 2006 6:23 PM
www.mantapart.com has a crank pulley and a a/c eliminator kit so reduce drag even more. they aren't that bad of a price but i think you'd be better off going with tubotech's crank pulley then adding the a/c eliminator after you'll save money and get the same results.
Tuesday, November 28, 2006 8:02 PM
Joe Chesbrough wrote:www.mantapart.com has a crank pulley and a a/c eliminator kit so reduce drag even more. they aren't that bad of a price but i think you'd be better off going with tubotech's crank pulley then adding the a/c eliminator after you'll save money and get the same results.

Please, do not order anything from Mantapart. If you want to know why, look at their Better Business Bureau report...it's aweful.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 12:49 PM
use the ones from customcargrills.com it is cheap and about the lightest around, and does NOT change anything it is just a lighter weight and looks great. and do not worry about if people say about vibration, the ecotec has balance shafts and next to no need for a dampener!! i have friends the run with taken the pulley off and belt when at the track, they have a sleeve to seal the hole but do not run a thing. and that does make a huge difference, also if you plan on a supercharger you do not want a reduction one it will also slow the blower down. but the one i have with the less weight is great for the supercharger. good luck
Tuesday, December 05, 2006 10:48 PM
Quote:

For the 2.2L ecotec there is the RKSport one, we are a bit cheaper than buying it direct. Email us with any questions.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

I ordered one. Oh yeah, I seen a .4 loss in time with the crank mod. Of course that was because the Cat I ordered from you was cracked, and became plugged. That upset me more than getting my fav nut kicked. Last day the track was open, and I just wanted to see what the new pulley mods would bring me to, and that happened!

But he is right. They are cheaper, more friendly than most places, and THEY SHIP FAST! What more do you want?

Oh yeah, the Alt pulley is the same as 95+. Same alt.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 10:51 PM
Oh yeah, if you are gonna do both crank and alt, you will want to put the belt on the outer ring. What I mean is, the crank pulley is a 5 rib, and the aftermarket alt pulley is a 6 rib. So just line the belt up to the outer ring on the new alt.

Monday, January 22, 2007 6:50 AM
who makes the aftermarket alt pulley?

"I can't believe you are doin all this to a Cavalier!"-Everybody Else
"Hey-at least its not a damn civic!!"-ME
Monday, January 22, 2007 3:03 PM
Cody wrote:who makes the aftermarket alt pulley?

You can use any aftermarket pulley for the 2.4s if you really wanted to but to be honest, you might not notice any difference. Plus, I would underdrive your altermater...

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search