Header Difficulty? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Header Difficulty?
Friday, January 19, 2007 1:57 AM
I was wondering if anyone could give me some advise on which header to buy, especially the difficulty of installation, and what are the signs of a header blowing a gasket?

Re: Header Difficulty?
Friday, January 19, 2007 6:53 PM
Everyones help would be great, im planning on buying my header this week so i need to know this weekend what one to buy...
Friday, January 19, 2007 6:57 PM
They all basically do the same job, not going to be a huge difference if you get one style over another.

Installation is pretty straight forward but the difficult part is getting behind the engine to remove the bolts and disconnecting the stock b-pipe from the rest of the exhaust system.

I would just advise buying from a reputable place so you know it fits properly and find out what they make them out of (stainless steel or not) and if they use ceramic coating...i'd suggest ceramic coating.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, January 19, 2007 7:01 PM
so you prefer ceramic coating compared to stainless steel?
Friday, January 19, 2007 11:08 PM
silver03cava wrote:so you prefer ceramic coating compared to stainless steel?

Alot of headers are made out of stainless steel already, a ceramic coating would just help keep the underhood temperatures lower by keeping the exhaust energy inside the header and through the exhaust rather than escaping through the header.

Pacesetter makes a nice header for your car...check them out.

Saturday, January 20, 2007 1:49 AM
what do you think about the tsudo?
Saturday, January 20, 2007 1:50 AM
silver03cava wrote:what do you think about the tsudo?

I've heard good things about it...you can read more about it here:

http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2038

Saturday, January 27, 2007 6:47 AM
go with the pacesetter 4-1 cause it will help with the top end and plus its 10 times easier to install then the tsudo cause i had the tsudo and i had to take the valve cover off to install it and plus with it being a 3 piece its a pain to put together. so from my experience id go with the pacesetter.

12.7@110MPH with 10PSI.
Tuesday, January 30, 2007 1:55 PM
go with the pacesetter, they are easer to install, and work better, i have them , but before that if you are planing on putting heat wrap on it , do it before installing the headers. after a 1000 mile has been driven with the new header retigthin the bolts in some case may come loss due to heat. while thinking about header i recamend replacement of the rest of the exhuast system at the same time..
Tuesday, January 30, 2007 10:35 PM
about Pacesetter, did you guys get that donut gastket? mine came without it Any ideas what I could use? that farting downpipe is pissing me off.
and from personal expirience, go with ceramic coated since black paint won't last long.
Saturday, February 10, 2007 3:56 PM
I installed a Pacesetter header on my 2002 GrandAm SE. Go w/ what NJHK said about ceramic coating. Also, the header gasket that comes w/the PaceSetter header-sucks-poor quality! I bought the stock oem header gasket from the dealer-much better quality and it's a metal pressed gasket. I also wrapped my header w/heat wrap,should note-when installing header w/heat wrap back onto engine, use some type of gloves to protect your hands-count on this-you will cut up your hands severely! Also replace the nuts w/new ones on the header studs-less of a chance of loosening down the road. This project is also a very good time to replace your thermostat, if you haven't done it yet! Reason-you have to take header off to get to the water pump pipe and thermostat housing! I forgot to tell you,I bought my PaceSetter header thru "pfyc.com"-Parts For Your Car. Their one of the best that I have bought aftermarket parts for my GrandAm.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search