colbalt ss injectors in cavalier - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
colbalt ss injectors in cavalier
Saturday, February 24, 2007 11:12 AM
well i got my hands on some injectors out of a supercharged ss and i was going to put them in my cavalier befor i spay my car with a 75 shot will it mess anythang up if i drive it with out a tune becuse no one has hp tuners here and i dont have the 800.00 to get it and get all the stuff for it rite now

Re: colbalt ss injectors in cavalier
Saturday, February 24, 2007 4:45 PM
If you're spraying a wet shot, bigger injectors won't matter. The fuel you're spraying is bypassing your injectors and spraying into your intake track.

If you just put bigger injectors in you will have a rough idle and depending on the size, it will run terribly, be overly rich, possibly lose power and at worse flood the engine.

That's to put it in simple manner.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, February 25, 2007 1:07 PM
yes if you put the stock ss injectors in it will run very bad, it will have idle issues and will not go for anything. if you are running a 80 shot wet or dry the stock computer will take care of the fuel, we ran up to 110 shot dry and never had a problem, but remember before you spray run injector cleaner depending on miles, and you must run 91 octane or higher. but the computer and stock engine will take 80 dry or wet, if wet run one or two sizes smaller fuel jet that they recommend, only cause system will add some on it's own. but unless you reflash or run a fmu or different engine management unit the ss injectors will bog the car!!!! bad! and if you are running a 80 shot is that what it is sold as or you get it as a kit? also what kit? they all make different power, due to some us different jet combos or equipment to cut jets that change flow, very slight but can be seen on a dyno. just ask the questions no before you do this so you have some insight, do not want to hear about it blowing up cause you did not know, also run a cooler plug, iridium is best for it or a platinum 2 no factory plug it will burn the ends off. well good luck and ask before you try
Sunday, March 25, 2007 11:08 AM
cavalierboy02 wrote:well i got my hands on some injectors out of a supercharged ss and i was going to put them in my cavalier befor i spay my car with a 75 shot will it mess anythang up if i drive it with out a tune becuse no one has hp tuners here and i dont have the 800.00 to get it and get all the stuff for it rite now

Ok man. I have a 2004 Chevy Cavalier with the 2.2 ECOTEC. Anyway last night I got my ecu reflashed by hp tuners. but before we started the tune, we were gonna put a set of cobalt SS injectors in there in order to advance the timing a bit more. Well it turns out, when everyone says they will be a perfect fit, theyre wrong. the injectors diameter is fine/ same, but the length is about 1/4-1/2 inch to short. The end of the injectors dont even reach the 'sleeve' that makes the injector get a tight seal. So if you had planned on doin this, sorry about ur luck...

-15.733 @ 86.893mph - Slowly Progressing 04 N/A 2.2L Cavalier
Sunday, March 25, 2007 12:01 PM
the injectors will fit right in, if they are off make sure nothing is caught, and use new o rings, there will not be a problem unless you would have the Delphi injector, but you said they are the same roundness, Delphi are skinny and not used after 03. make sure you have the plastic funnel shape in the head, and use oil for all new rings, but your's should be right if not post some pictures if you can so we can better help you.
Sunday, March 25, 2007 2:06 PM
brad eisenhauer wrote:yes if you put the stock ss injectors in it will run very bad, it will have idle issues and will not go for anything. if you are running a 80 shot wet or dry the stock computer will take care of the fuel, we ran up to 110 shot dry and never had a problem, but remember before you spray run injector cleaner depending on miles, and you must run 91 octane or higher. but the computer and stock engine will take 80 dry or wet, if wet run one or two sizes smaller fuel jet that they recommend, only cause system will add some on it's own. but unless you reflash or run a fmu or different engine management unit the ss injectors will bog the car!!!! bad! and if you are running a 80 shot is that what it is sold as or you get it as a kit? also what kit? they all make different power, due to some us different jet combos or equipment to cut jets that change flow, very slight but can be seen on a dyno. just ask the questions no before you do this so you have some insight, do not want to hear about it blowing up cause you did not know, also run a cooler plug, iridium is best for it or a platinum 2 no factory plug it will burn the ends off. well good luck and ask before you try

And how do you know this? Did you have a wideband? For all you know, you were running extremely lean and on the verg of detonating. Please do not suggest this to people.

Monday, March 26, 2007 6:34 PM
brad eisenhauer wrote:the injectors will fit right in, if they are off make sure nothing is caught, and use new o rings, there will not be a problem unless you would have the Delphi injector, but you said they are the same roundness, Delphi are skinny and not used after 03. make sure you have the plastic funnel shape in the head, and use oil for all new rings, but your's should be right if not post some pictures if you can so we can better help you.

Ok well i dont have any pictures or nothin, but the bottom line is nothin was caught and everything was sittin fine. They were just flat out not long enough. So that aside, does anyone know where i can get a decent price on some 30+ lb injectors for my 2004 Cavalier? Ones that don't say "universal", because no injector is all around universal. thanx y'all.

Monday, March 26, 2007 6:39 PM
Also does anyone know the size of my stock injectors for sure so I know how to compensate for flow rate with new ones?

Monday, March 26, 2007 9:33 PM
Jim Kechely wrote:Also does anyone know the size of my stock injectors for sure so I know how to compensate for flow rate with new ones?

You have 24 # injectors stock

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search