New Exhaust!!??!? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Exhaust!!??!?
Monday, January 22, 2007 11:18 AM
I have a 2003 Eco Cavi and im thinking of putting in a new exhaust. Anyone have any ideas of which brand and model would be the best to put in? Mainly looking for HP gain(even though there wont be much). But i also dont want my car to sound like a retarded ricer with that coffee can muffler and whiney annoying sound. Any suggestions???? Thanks!

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Re: New Exhaust!!??!?
Monday, January 22, 2007 2:41 PM
First, I would say read up on why an exhaust sounds the way it does...read this: http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1999

As far as what to get, any system that is 2 1/4" diameter should be just fine as far as a cat-back.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, January 30, 2007 1:59 PM
if you want to save money go with a 2.25 custom made exhuast with magnaflow muffler. 2.25 is good enough for your application. sound great, look great, great increase in hp,tg. work better at high rpm.
Tuesday, February 27, 2007 10:26 PM
so, ive got a magnaflow muffler mounted to the stock piping where the stock muffler used to be. over the summer i'll be getting the pacesetter headers, and opening up the exhaust to roughly 2.25 inches. is my exhaust going to be louder? quieter? or the same? also, will the tone be lower pitched, or higher? my car has the 2.2L engine in it...
Wednesday, February 28, 2007 11:25 PM
Jordan Taylor wrote:so, ive got a magnaflow muffler mounted to the stock piping where the stock muffler used to be. over the summer i'll be getting the pacesetter headers, and opening up the exhaust to roughly 2.25 inches. is my exhaust going to be louder? quieter? or the same? also, will the tone be lower pitched, or higher? my car has the 2.2L engine in it...

There are many of things that will effect your exhaust tone. Read this for a better idea of what I mean: http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1999

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 12:57 PM
well, i went and had 2.25" piping done yesterday, car is significantly louder, and the sound is a little less refined. all in all, im very happy with it. ive noticed more lively acceleration as well, and hopefully some gas mileage gains.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search