pacesetter exhaust - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
pacesetter exhaust
Tuesday, March 13, 2007 6:26 AM
i have always seen this pacesetter cat back exhaust for my car prised around 250 for my 2.4L sunfire on ebay. seems like a good deal i was just wondering if anyone would suggest this exhaust system and if youve had it would u reccomend it. hows it sound, and performance all that stuff

Thanks

Re: pacesetter exhaust
Tuesday, March 13, 2007 6:30 AM
Tuesday, March 13, 2007 4:42 PM
If you live in a area with alot of road salt use, it will deteriate quickly. I'm referring to the pacesetter.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 4:46 PM
yeah only winter time and thats long gone now hopefully. but i dont drive around when roads are like tha. other than that does it sound alot different then say stock exhaust and performance wise as good as other brands
Wednesday, March 14, 2007 12:31 AM
Adam barberio wrote:yeah only winter time and thats long gone now hopefully. but i dont drive around when roads are like tha. other than that does it sound alot different then say stock exhaust and performance wise as good as other brands

Well not just road salt but water over a period of time could do this as well. Basically, the metal they use isn't of the higher quality and can rust easier.

Friday, March 16, 2007 8:18 AM
well what about like hp improvements is it up there with other companies like magnaflow or vibrant? basically any other good name exhaust company does pacesetter hp increase compare to others
Friday, March 16, 2007 1:21 PM
Adam barberio wrote:well what about like hp improvements is it up there with other companies like magnaflow or vibrant? basically any other good name exhaust company does pacesetter hp increase compare to others

They are all 2 1/4" exhaust system and mendral bent, so the difference in power shouldn't be much if any. It's just piping.

Friday, March 16, 2007 7:19 PM
yeah thats what i was thinking. idk if i want to go with them they sound the same as a stock exhaust system almost. not that i want it extremly loud but i wana hear a difference
Friday, March 16, 2007 11:03 PM
Adam barberio wrote:yeah thats what i was thinking. idk if i want to go with them they sound the same as a stock exhaust system almost. not that i want it extremly loud but i wana hear a difference

Well...anytime you increase the diameter of your exhaust system, you are changing the exhaust tone. It won't sound like stock.

Saturday, March 17, 2007 7:47 AM
alright thanks for all your help
Sunday, March 18, 2007 3:18 PM
You're welcome

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 9:51 AM
Adam barberio wrote:well what about like hp improvements is it up there with other companies like magnaflow or vibrant? basically any other good name exhaust company does pacesetter hp increase compare to others

I just put on a 2 1/4 Magnaflow Single exit cat back about a week ago on my 2.2 Cavalier. The sound is incredible and performance wise, I took off .3 seconds on my 60' times in the quarter mile. I actually had the Pacesetter Monza series system on my car a while back. That was the biggest wast of money ever. I hated the 'ricer' buzz at high RPM's and there was really no power add. The magnaflow on the other hand, has a more straight through, deep, touring type sound only heard when givin her a little gas. Also if anyone goes with this magnaflow with their 2.2 or 2.4 ecotec, go to the site www.gravanatuning.com. The retail on that system is around $850, they charged me $537 after shipping. They also carry many other things for the ecotec. check em out. Later on guys.

-15.733 @ 86.893mph - Slowly Progressing 04 N/A 2.2L Cavalier
Saturday, March 24, 2007 6:25 AM
I had a pacesetter on my 97 2.4 cavalier. bought it because it was cheap thinking it cost less than half a stainless and if t last half as long where's the problem. The thing is every picture for the monza has a resonator. when i got the thing and took it out of the box, no f'in resonator. I was pissed but you gewt what you pay for right. you can hold up the muffler and see straight through it the inlet and outlet are slightly offset. it sounded ok when you weren't pushing it but could sound horrible at some rpm bands. if it's all you can afford it ok but otherwise buy somthing else.
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 12:10 PM
Dont buy it. It's cheap and crap. Not gonna lie. Look around for a better setup or make you're own. That's what i'm planning on doing soon.

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 6:27 PM
i would make my own if i new exactly wat to do but id have to get all the bends done and @!#$. plus im not really tryin to have a big ass muffler like on magnaflow i kinda want a stock lookin exhaust and the pacesetter tip looks more stock even tho the pipin is 2.1/4. would i be able to just put on a different muffler and tip on the pacesetter piping
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 6:38 PM
yes technically but would be cheaper to go to an exhsut shop anyway and you can get a resonator in there to make it sounds better
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 7:28 PM
too much of an effort for jus exhaust haha. either way the pacesetters def better than have stock exhaust. idk how it doesnt increase power i thought someone said it didnt increase anything
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 7:30 PM
or ill save a lil more for the vibrant exhaust i have the intake and i really love it
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 10:41 AM
LIke he said, the pacesetter doesnt hold up to many conditions. It carrodes and falls apart. Magnaflow and dynomax make a few mufflers that have tips that look like the stock one on the cavi. And the stock piping is 2 1/4". If ya went any bigger it would be pointless cause im guessing ya dont have a turbo or super. Muffler shops can bend the tubing for ya. It's actually not that expensive. Just buy a cat, muffler, and resonator if wanted, and take those parts to the shop. Just tell them what ya want and they'll do it. So basically the hardest thing you have to do is buy everything. Im planning on getting either a magna or dynomax muffler with a magna cat and a dynomax 31" resonator. The price comes out to only about 200-250 dollars!

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Sunday, April 01, 2007 7:53 PM
well i ordered the pacesetter today so ill let everyone know how it is.
Saturday, April 07, 2007 8:13 PM
iiiight so i got my paceseetter today its real nice the only problem was couldnt put it on my self the piping was hitting the gas tank and all kinds of bad stuff so i brought it to my local shop they had to cut some piping cause the muffler didnt line up with the pipes and tehy but a sleve on welded it all up bent it a tiny bit then put the bitchon ..i personally like the exhaust as of right now everyone i know says it sounds nice it was worth buying it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search