Bolt On performance - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bolt On performance
Wednesday, March 14, 2007 3:26 PM
Hey guys, I have a 2005 Cavalier 4dr and i was wondering what bolt-ons will give me the best power? I have $1500 to work with. I am getting an AFC to fine tune, but im worried about the timing. Here is what i plan on doing. Custom 2.5 inch exhuast, RK Sport header and intake, stage 1 comp cams camshafts, and GM cam gears, and 3" high flow cat. I want to be able to keep up with an RSX S and i know this isn't going to be enough, but its a start. any help would be great

Re: Bolt On performance
Wednesday, March 14, 2007 3:44 PM
Why would you get a 3" diameter catalytic converter on a 2.5" exhaust piping?

Make sure you get a wideband to help tune.

The cam gears might be more of a pain to tune...I'd do it on a dyno. The only way to adjust them is by removing the valve cover and then re-installing it to tune again.

Honestly, I would waste my time with a SAFC when you have HP Tuners that will actually change your computers parameters and that will be a more defenite fine tune.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, April 05, 2007 8:56 PM
why do you put a turbo on it , i think you might be able to squeze it in your budget
Thursday, April 05, 2007 10:18 PM
Marian Belea wrote:why do you put a turbo on it , i think you might be able to squeze it in your budget

A proper turbo setup will cost him more than $1500...

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, April 06, 2007 11:28 AM
Oh man people like this crack me up! Cause ya know, less backpreasure is better. Haha! But yeah, go with 2.25" piping, new cat, new muffler, and header. There's also the usual intake. Dont go out and but a 200 dollar one though. Go to ebay. A pipe is a pipe. Just buy a new K&N cone filter for it though. You wont get much power If you're going to put anything bigger than 2.25" piping on your exhaust. Unless you're going to turbo. Even then, you have the eco, so you can buy the Hahn stage 1 or 2 kit. Doesnt require a bigger exhaust, but it could help.

SOoooo, dont get the 2.5" piping, dont get the 3" cat (that's just dumb and a waste). Keep everthing uniform. You dont want to creat resistance. It will only help if you have the whole exhaust system the same size, otherwise, you're wasting money.

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Friday, April 06, 2007 11:29 AM
Oh yeah, listen to Adam too. He knows what he's talking about. Hence the whole Administrator/moderator thing.

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search