Stage 2 Clutch - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Stage 2 Clutch
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 7:42 PM
just got a SPEC stage 2 clutch for my car. problem is, it seems to be kinda "boggy" and just doesnt feel right. is this just b/c its new and needs to be broken in? (the box said a 500 mile break-in period is required)

i hope so. i used to spin second gear with the stock clutch and was hoping to maybe even chirp 3rd with this stage 2....

Re: Stage 2 Clutch
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 10:02 AM
Yeah, you have a break in period like the box says. That's probably why it feels odd.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 6:33 PM
is this clutch alot stiffer then ur stock one i was lookin at buying this clutch i have to pull mine almost all the way out before it catches its not slipping tho, whered you buy this and how much
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 7:12 PM
yeah mine was the same way. my old clutch was fine though. apparently it was the slave cylinder and not the clutch. idk thats what the dealer who put it in told me.

its only slightly stiffer than stock. it grabs much more aggressivley though. durring the break-in period, though, it will feel the same as yours does now. its weird. im at 100 miles (out of 500) and it still feels the same.

i bought it off the SPS website. (saturn performance) for 430$ on clearance. check the SPEC website (http://www.specclutch.com/) for your exact model. if you want, once i break it in, ill let you know how it is. i should be done in like a week...
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 7:49 PM
thats wierd the one i was looking at was like 320 or something like that. hm so u think i should hold off on the clutch for a lil while
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 8:16 PM
yeah for a bit ill let you know how it is.
Thursday, March 29, 2007 4:24 AM
and yeah mine was 330$. idk where i got 400....
Thursday, March 29, 2007 5:30 AM
yeah lemme know how it is once its broken in. i wanna get down to the track but idk if i should get a new clutch before i go cause i donna wanna go down and @!#$ the clutch up
Friday, April 06, 2007 9:29 PM
im at 500 miles! end of the break-in period...

clutch is excellent! grabs real "aggressively" and is a lot smoother too. would reccomend you get it, Adam. make sure you break it in though...
Friday, April 06, 2007 9:49 PM
Cool. Good luck with it.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, April 14, 2007 9:16 PM
Awesome im really glad to hear u like it now i def no to buy this. thanks alot man.

Saturday, April 14, 2007 11:00 PM
np dude! have fun!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search