AEM performance pulleys - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
AEM performance pulleys
Thursday, March 29, 2007 8:41 AM
I found these on autopartswarehouse.com for around 90 dollars. i looked up on hp gains and i found that there is a decent amount of power gains when u get the water pump pulley crank pulley and alternator im thinking about getting the alternator pulley. does anyone have the alternator pulley and how much hp gain there was

Re: AEM performance pulleys
Thursday, March 29, 2007 3:43 PM
Getting a lighter alternator pulley is useless...it's already extremely small and light.

You can get a underdriven pulley or stock sized pulley that is just lightweight. I don't know where they said they can sell you a water pump, alternator and crank pulley for $90.

The gains will be mediocre...no one can give you a #.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, March 29, 2007 6:49 PM
know anything bout the underdrive pulley hp gains anything worth it. im just trying to find alot of diff parts for my car i can start gettin kinda feel like this is wasting ur time haha answering all of my questions
Thursday, March 29, 2007 9:13 PM
Adam barberio wrote:know anything bout the underdrive pulley hp gains anything worth it. im just trying to find alot of diff parts for my car i can start gettin kinda feel like this is wasting ur time haha answering all of my questions

I have too much free time...so you're not wasting any of it lol

I honestly don't mind answer your question.

I had a underdrive pulley, you noticed a slight difference in response but that's about it. I couldn't give you #s even if I did dyno cause it wouldn't necessarily mean you'd gain the same exact amount.

Friday, March 30, 2007 5:40 AM
ok well i appreciate it. anyway so its most likely not worth getting as of right now. until i get other stuff done atleast. right now im just running a vibrant intake which i love. and as u know im going with the pacesetter exhaust fairly soon. today i was wondering if this was a good idea..i was thinking about cutting off my dual mufflers hollowing them out welding it back and replace the piping with 2 1/4'' piping from the cat (which i may hollow out soon) to the stock mufflers. kinda like sleeper status but idk hows this idea sound.
Friday, March 30, 2007 3:53 PM
It's not worth doing and might do more harm airflow wise if you try and attempt to destroy the inside of your cat and muffler.

Honestly, they aren't that restrictive and you won't gain much (if anything) if you did so. Focus in other areas for power increase and especially figure out what you want out of your car before you go attempting to change anything. Make a goal and aim for it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search