HKS SLD - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HKS SLD
Tuesday, March 13, 2007 6:08 PM
Anyone install one of these? Are they compatable with an 03 Cavalier? Supposedly it is, just wondering if anyone has actually used it.

http://www.autocarparts.com/part/list/1870/

I am going to purchase the GM supercharger kit soon hopefully and I do not agree with the speed limiter being set to 108MPH on a car with that modification, so I figure this might be a better deal than HP tuners since I probbably will be content with the GM SC reflash... besides the limiter. Also to get an accurate dyno, I understand it should be done in 3rd gear on an automatic, and the limiter kicks in before redline in 3rd.

Before anyone chimes in about limiters etc.... I am 35 years old, I have a wife and a child, I am not some gas happy reckless kid (but I am gas happy) that street races and weaves in an out of traffic etc... besides... driving at 100MPH on the highway is just as stupid, illegal and dangerous as driving at 108+MPH on the highway. If someone is dumb enough to endanger peoples lives on the highway, the top speed limiter will prevent absolutley nothing besides the recorded speed on the police report for whatever accident or ticket results from such activity.

Re: HKS SLD
Wednesday, March 14, 2007 12:29 AM
Never heard of this device but it probably just interrupts the signal from your VSS so it doesn't shut off your fuel injectors but this might lead to other items that utilize your VSS to not work correctly...

Doesn't seem like it's worth it to me.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 7:02 AM
http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-article?article_id=7575

Apparently it changes the VSS signal instead of just cutting it off. Also the SLD for the automatic has 16 wires and the one for a manual trans has 4 wires. Still have not found a manual for this product online anywhere.
Wednesday, March 14, 2007 3:44 PM
Interesting I guess...

Sunday, April 01, 2007 9:20 PM
One thing i haven't ever hit the limiter at the track i have a gm supercharger basically stock motor. The gm re-flash isn't all that great either my car runs rich and it still has some bugs. I would be interested in seeing if that hks thing worked.
Monday, April 02, 2007 1:42 AM
The GM reflash is actually very good but it runs you rich for a reason. Because of your high compression and then on top of you forcing more compressed air into the combustion chamber, you're raising the temperature and the possibility of detonation. Making you run very rich is their way of safety because fuel is a coolant when it comes to cooling down your combustion chamber.

Also remember that they sold the kit without a aftercooler setup but it was aftercooler ready. No aftercooler means warmer air intake temperatures meaning hotter combustion chamber temperatures. Running it at 11:1 (give or take) is very much a safety reason in that case.

Taking away fuel might be a negative thing.

From a programming and tuning point of view, I've seen dyno sheets and heard from owners who have dyno'd them...that car stays at 1 a/f ratio and it is really linear. Impressive programming if you ask me.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search