Factory Muffler - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Factory Muffler
Sunday, May 13, 2007 8:54 AM
I am tired of the LOUD round style stainless muffler I have on my car (DNX). I would like to go back to the factory muffler but upgrade to 2.25" piping cat back. So my question is with 2.25" catback piping and no resonator to the stock muffler would it still be fairly quiet? I know there wont be much power gains b/c of the restriction when it gets to the muffler but just wondering if it would still be quiet??

Also I cheaped out when I first lowered my car by putting adjustable coils on stock struts/shocks. They worked fine for a while but are now blown as expected. I will be looking for a half decent set of shocks/springsare there any recommendations. Sportlines and Koni Yellows?? Sportlines and KYB GFX??

Thanks

Re: Factory Muffler
Monday, May 14, 2007 1:48 AM
Change from an canister style muffler to an oval style muffler where it is made to lower the tone of the exhaust system while not restricting exhaust flow to an great extent. Check out Magnaflow.

The answer is yes, you can but of course, this depends on how low you're trying to make it. If the muffler change isn't enough, buy a resonator.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search