2.2 ecotec swap - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 ecotec swap
Wednesday, October 10, 2007 7:25 PM
so i have an 01 cavalier 2.4 and i want to do a 2.2 ecotec swap. I already have the motor and tranny from a 02 cavalier. just trying to find out or get any ideas on what mod's would be good for the ecotec. Im gonna do all the mods before i put it in. but most importantly, am i going to have to do any modification to swap the motors or do they mount up the same. also do i need the ecu from the car that i got the motor or a new one for an ecotec or will the one from the 2.4 work. any insight would be great and very helpful.

thanks...

Re: 2.2 ecotec swap
Thursday, October 11, 2007 4:32 AM
Here ya go

http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3390

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Re: 2.2 ecotec swap
Thursday, November 01, 2007 8:33 AM
If your odometer is digital , you dont need to change all the wiring inside, if its not, you need to swap the whole thing inside (wiring, bcm, everything... ) . For the engine, you need the upper right engine mount from 03 and you need to weld another one to you frame on the driver side. you need to change your radiator too cause the outlets on the bottles on each side doesn't fit with the inlets on the motor.usually when you're doing that swap, you're buying a smashed car and rebuild your car with the stuff from the broken one...

any question just email me back !!!
cavalier9504@hotmail.com
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search