engine kits - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
engine kits
Wednesday, November 07, 2007 9:20 PM
hey i have a question on the engine kits for ecotec cavalier would i gain any horsepower from it or any better results?

Re: engine kits
Thursday, November 08, 2007 8:11 AM
What engine kits?

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, November 10, 2007 12:05 AM
http://www.importperformanceparts.net/imports/pek-cavalier.html

these kits for the ecotec 2.2 cavalier will this give me some power or what?
Saturday, November 10, 2007 11:19 AM
raging bumblebee!!! wrote:http://www.importperformanceparts.net/imports/pek-cavalier.html

these kits for the ecotec 2.2 cavalier will this give me some power or what?

It's a very vague question to ask.

It depends on what you're aiming for...your purpose performance wise. Also depends on what kind of Engine Management System / Fuel Management you're going to be using.

You can buy a engine kit and lose power. You can buy a engine kit and gain power. You can buy a engine kit just for strength purposes.

There are too many variables.

And no offense to you but if you have to ask this question, then you're not ready to spend that kind of money on a setup that you're not sure of or have a good understanding of. If I just typed "yes", you would be pissed to spend thousands of dollars, get your car running and nothing is different or things are worse.

I would suggest buying books, start researching hardcore about how engines work and how engine management systems work. That's for starters.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 5:26 PM
Just by reading it states that the kit is for those who are building high horsepowered engines. You might get something out of it, but again by rereading what it's saying is that the kits purpose is to handle high horsepower...not give high horsepower. Unless the Cobalt and Ion blocks and are different I am interested in them though my goal is not THAT high now that might change down the road. I agree with NJHK, do some research and if you have anymore questions you could always call the company's help/tech line. They have people who are more experienced and are there for just that purpose...to answer questions like yours. Hope this helps.

Clint
Wednesday, November 14, 2007 9:01 PM
oh ok well thanks i know it was a vague question but i meant putting a supercharger on the ecotec cavalier i just wanted to know whats the best engine kit that would be the best setup for the gm supercharger
Thursday, November 15, 2007 6:28 AM
raging bumblebee!!! wrote:oh ok well thanks i know it was a vague question but i meant putting a supercharger on the ecotec cavalier i just wanted to know whats the best engine kit that would be the best setup for the gm supercharger

Even still, this is all up to you and what your goals are. It's best to keep researching and if you have a very specific question then we can help you further but the question you originally asked and the question you just asked are still too vague to answer. Plus, the word "best" in the car world is all a matter of opinion and preference.

Thursday, November 15, 2007 8:19 PM
none of thos kits will add power themselves (unless the pistons are domed and raise the compression)

they are just a forged piston rebuild kit. they are designed to run at higher temperatures and pressures.

the only way to build power is to raise compression or increase air/fuel in combustion chamber.

any of those kits would sufice on a supercharged engine. stock would most likely be adequate. it just depends on how much boost you plan on running.
Friday, November 16, 2007 7:29 PM
drew henderson wrote:none of thos kits will add power themselves (unless the pistons are domed and raise the compression)

they are just a forged piston rebuild kit. they are designed to run at higher temperatures and pressures.

the only way to build power is to raise compression or increase air/fuel in combustion chamber.

any of those kits would sufice on a supercharged engine. stock would most likely be adequate. it just depends on how much boost you plan on running.

exactly

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 10:44 PM
Replace your vehicle's cold-air intake with a performance aftermarket air-intake kit. The cold-air intake is responsible for sucking in air, cooling it, and then routing it to the engine rebuild kits.
The woman this lifetime!
Tuesday, November 08, 2011 10:25 PM
The woman this lifetime!
cheap gucci
The woman was a girl except you when happy!!!!! Once married a man is not yourself! Marry to a person you marry to give his family, you are not simple love him a man, but his family!
louis vuitton clothing

Lucky, then you will be a little better would be happy! But not everyone is so good wait on!!!!!
And children and he, you should take good care of the!!!!!
cheap gucci shoes

So, only we sleep, you can rest!
This way of life and I don't know what it is time to start, more do not know when end!
louis vuitton clothing
cheap louis vuitton shoes
replica gucci clothing

Monday, January 09, 2012 9:10 PM
o grounding kits make the engine rebuild kit because i saw this rsx type-s that i was lookin to buy and it has motor mounts, intake, exhaust, headers, and a grounding kit but the salesman said the shaking was caused by the grounding kit and was totally reversable
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search