cam shaft stage 1 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cam shaft stage 1
Friday, December 07, 2007 6:26 PM
httpi://www.turbotechracing.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=496&idproduct=2450

do I need to change internal with those stage 1 cam shaft

Re: cam shaft stage 1
Friday, December 07, 2007 8:09 PM
no from what i have heard it should work fine and not throw any codes but while your in there might as well get some better valves, springs ,retainers if ya have the money
Monday, January 07, 2008 6:16 PM
I'm currently breaking my engine down now. I'm going to install a set of Eagle rods for my goal is 250whp. I'm gonna go turbo (Hahn kit running about 8 - 12 psi) plus 100 shot of nitrous and of course an exhaust. Got some other things I'm adding, but that those are just for looks.
The book was saying (if I'm not mistaken) that the cams (changing the retainers) can handle up to 400hp. Was going to get some cams, but am not sure if they are REALLY needed. Was told that changing cams would change my rpm's and that I should try to avoid doing that.
Tuesday, January 08, 2008 8:25 PM
changing your cams wont change your rpm's, also if your trying to make those numbers stock cams are only gonna take you so far. I am personally going to buy some for mine whenever i do a tear down, cause most likely you'll prolly want to get them sometime, check out www.mantapart.com they have just about anything for the ecotec and stage one cams 0bd2 no modifications
Friday, January 18, 2008 1:33 PM
I have those cams. not installed yet but im just installing them and getting HPtunners.... no need for valves and springs.

Alex Currington: while your in there??? changing cams is just remove valve cover. to change valves and spings requires a lot more work and removing the head.... but by doing so you could safely redline over 8k and run a decent shot of nitrous (just a thought) lol

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it
Friday, January 18, 2008 4:01 PM
ya know while you working on the car, i mean changing cams isnt that easy you still have to take of cams, switch sprockets over to new cams , take off timing chain put it back on, put the engine in time torque all the bolts down, And nitrous? @!#$ that bottles are for babys
and wait to reply till you actually change cams, besides changing cams means higher lift and duration, more stress on engine parts your gonna wear out your stock springs quicker and I dont know i quess if I was changing cams i might as well get a patriot performance head to get most power with my cams
Saturday, January 19, 2008 5:56 PM
I fully agree, i made it seem a lot easier then it really is. i was just saying that with a mild grind such as the stage 1 comp cams there is no need for valves and springs. if you were going to get valves and spring not to mention a new head then why settle for stage 1....

i also agree with nitrous for baby's as i perfer not using it also... but cant argue with power.

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search