crankshaft strength - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
crankshaft strength
Tuesday, December 11, 2007 1:13 PM
What's up I'm tryin to find out how much horsepower can the stock crankshaft handle. I have a parts list of performance parts and it list a lightened crankshaft but wouldn't that make it weaker? Also, would anybody know where i could go to find a stronger and better crankshaft if i need one? thanks.

Re: crankshaft strength
Tuesday, December 11, 2007 6:42 PM
Put it this way

You won't ever break your crankshaft from too much power realisticly. If you were ever coming to that point, you would have one hell of a car.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, December 14, 2007 8:50 AM
Thanks alot i really needed that info that makes me feel alot better to when i rebuild the motor and crank the boost
Saturday, December 15, 2007 6:41 AM
Zachary Hogge wrote:Thanks alot i really needed that info that makes me feel alot better to when i rebuild the motor and crank the boost

No problem. I know it's something like 500 HP range or something of that nature that GM stated.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, December 16, 2007 10:28 PM
550 hp as stated in the build book.

2.2 L Ecotec, P&P Head, Stage 3 Comp Cams, Supertech 76 lb Spring kit, Supertech Oversized Valves, Wiseco 8.9:1 CR Pistons, Eagle H-Beam Rods, Home-Built Turbo Kit T3/T4 57 Trim Intercooled, 78 lb/hr Racetronix Hi-Z injectors, Aeromotive FPR, Racetronix f body fuel pump,MEGASQUIRT MS3 + MS3X Finally street tuned on 21 lbs! Now if only I could get it to hook....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search