New to the show With a Cobalt - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New to the show With a Cobalt
Tuesday, February 19, 2008 7:44 AM
HEy out there. Anyone got any tip to tunning a 2006 chevy cobalt LS 2.2L 4 cyl To maxs out the preformance.

Re: New to the show With a Cobalt
Friday, March 21, 2008 5:49 PM
Hi John just thought I would throw a few ideas at you mate first you could improve the air intake mibbe de-restrict your airbox then add a performance panel filter like a K&N or Pipercross,upgrade your exhaust put a straight through system on with a 200 cell sports catt then breathing again I gained 20bhp from putting the inlet minifold from the 2.4L Cobalt/Cavalier you could also mibbe put on a 4-2-1 Exhaust manifold(header I'm not sure but I think that's what you guys call the Exhaust Manifold) new wider down pipe mibbe 2.5" piping to the Back box(muffler)...
Hope this helps some mate...
Alan
Saturday, March 22, 2008 5:58 AM
Alan Stewart wrote:Hi John just thought I would throw a few ideas at you mate first you could improve the air intake mibbe de-restrict your airbox then add a performance panel filter like a K&N or Pipercross,upgrade your exhaust put a straight through system on with a 200 cell sports catt then breathing again I gained 20bhp from putting the inlet minifold from the 2.4L Cobalt/Cavalier you could also mibbe put on a 4-2-1 Exhaust manifold(header I'm not sure but I think that's what you guys call the Exhaust Manifold) new wider down pipe mibbe 2.5" piping to the Back box(muffler)...
Hope this helps some mate...
Alan

So you did a before and after engine dyno?

How do you know how much engine hp you gained or are you guessing?

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, March 27, 2008 2:24 PM
Indeed. Please don't go throwing around numbers unless you have a dyno or timeslip to back them up. It's extremely misleading.

I was expecting a little more when I bought my intake, because everybody was talking about how it gave "such a huge boost" etc. etc. It gained me like.. 2 whp, if that? And I feel no difference. Granted it sounds hot, but that's about it.

Monday, May 26, 2008 9:47 PM
I am new to this as well and you guys give great advice and everything but for the most part all I see you doing is bashing people and there Ideas. it is kind of hard for the new guys to get help when you treat them like they are idiots.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search