Supercharger Throttle body - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Supercharger Throttle body
Saturday, March 22, 2008 3:07 PM
I am looking for a throttle body for and ss/sc or redline supercharger with throttle by cable. If anyone knows of one that will bolt on, plz let me know asap.

Also I stripped apart a 2.2 eco throttle body today, does anyone know if I could do the same to the factory supercharger one and swap parts? (I know the s/c one is prob throttle by wire)

Re: Supercharger Throttle body
Sunday, March 23, 2008 7:54 AM
I'm sort of confused. Are you converting from Electronic to Mechanical?

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, March 23, 2008 8:07 AM
Yes sorry. after reading that i dont know waht i was typing. Looking for mechanical.
Sunday, March 23, 2008 11:41 AM
Ok I'm just making sure here, read your thread again

You have a M62 Supercharger but you don't have a SS/SC or Redline. You want to know if you can use your stock throttle body?

Correct?

Sunday, March 23, 2008 6:39 PM
No. I know i can't it doesn't fit. I am wondering if there is another one that will fit, that isn't throttle by wire. I am assuming that the cobalts and redlines are throttle by wire, or am i wrong?
Monday, March 24, 2008 7:54 PM
All Cobalts and Ions have electronic throttle bodies. Your throttle body that is mechanical should be able to work. There is not throttle body change when GM sells the Supercharger Kits.

Thursday, March 27, 2008 1:30 PM
there is an adaptor in the kit, to use the mech. one. what i have done, cause no one will sell you the plate. is drill the super charger and tap for your hole, only one will be off three will line up, then make a seal cause the rubber ring will not work, then bolt fast and use thread sealer on drilled bolt if you go all the way through. good luck, and yes it work. and do not waist your time looking for a place or way to get the plate. no one sells it separate!!!
Thursday, March 27, 2008 7:27 PM
brad eisenhauer wrote:there is an adaptor in the kit, to use the mech. one. what i have done, cause no one will sell you the plate. is drill the super charger and tap for your hole, only one will be off three will line up, then make a seal cause the rubber ring will not work, then bolt fast and use thread sealer on drilled bolt if you go all the way through. good luck, and yes it work. and do not waist your time looking for a place or way to get the plate. no one sells it separate!!!

Damn I didn't know that.

That sucks lol

Friday, March 28, 2008 6:03 AM
I'll just get an adapter made. Not too hard to make. Thought about drilling and tapping but, i have bad luck with that kinda thing.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search