OBX LSD - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
OBX LSD
Friday, March 23, 2007 3:08 PM
I found this on eBay and i want to get LSD for my car since im building the motor and the tranny will be out. Is this LSD any good .
OBX LSD

And i also wanted to know im from New Jersey after im done with the car i wanted someone who is experienced to tune it good. I already have the Hp tuners program. THANKS.

Re: OBX LSD
Friday, March 23, 2007 3:56 PM
Never heard of a LSD made by OBX...

Go to ecotecforum.com and there are a few people I know of in that area who have experience with it. There is also 1 shop in Toms River I can tell you about but I don't know how well they are with HP Tuners.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, March 24, 2007 2:31 PM
proboably best to stick with the quaife unit. readily available and quaife have been at the lsd business for a while now, plus it's the one optinal on the SS s/c Cobalt
Saturday, March 24, 2007 2:38 PM
Dave Wood wrote:proboably best to stick with the quaife unit. readily available and quaife have been at the lsd business for a while now, plus it's the one optinal on the SS s/c Cobalt

Yeah but they actually don't have the G85 package anymore.

Saturday, March 31, 2007 9:29 PM
Hey what do you guys think about the Phantom Grip LSD.
Saturday, March 31, 2007 9:52 PM
Honestly, never did any real research into them.

Sunday, April 01, 2007 7:15 AM
Hmm cause i know the quaife is good but it costs so much.
Sunday, April 01, 2007 2:14 PM
yeah, I know. Sorry, I have no input on them.

Sunday, December 16, 2007 10:40 PM
phontom grip lsd is simply a box and spring setup that locks the wheels at a certain point. not a true lsd. really in my opinion the weak link in our diffs are the spider gears (idler gears?) but your stock diff will hold up at the track permitting you use slicks (less shock on the drivetrain) I snapped both of the ears in my diff at the track in the burnout box with street radials due to the stiff sidewall and bad wheel hop. since a new diff and slicks i've run at 8.04's in the 8th with no problems at all.

2.2 L Ecotec, P&P Head, Stage 3 Comp Cams, Supertech 76 lb Spring kit, Supertech Oversized Valves, Wiseco 8.9:1 CR Pistons, Eagle H-Beam Rods, Home-Built Turbo Kit T3/T4 57 Trim Intercooled, 78 lb/hr Racetronix Hi-Z injectors, Aeromotive FPR, Racetronix f body fuel pump,MEGASQUIRT MS3 + MS3X Finally street tuned on 21 lbs! Now if only I could get it to hook....
Saturday, January 26, 2008 8:19 AM
the OBX LSD is a nice unit and an easy install in the opel transmission i think it works great! around here alot of people use that phantom grip but the range it starts working in every car seems to differ i would tell you to give the phantom grip to a kid with a civic and stay with the OBX ot quaife
Friday, April 04, 2008 8:40 PM
There is a thread about the OBX diff going on the JBO side (trans forum)....... as well as a few 'other' LSD choices.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search