still building my motor - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
still building my motor
Tuesday, July 08, 2008 7:01 PM
Am still in the process of building my 2.2 Ecotec that I've purchased on ebay (life had got in the way for a bit). Seeing how nobody supports the 2.2 Ecotec with and automatic tranny I have now grown a wild hair up my butt and am thinking about converting to a manual tranny. I'm well aware of the fact it is very much labor involved, but I'm curious if there are any changes I need to do to the computer or anything as far as electrical. Also since nobody is supporting a tuning program for the 2.2 how hard would it be to say put the computer from the Redline in or should I just go ahead and install a 2.0 Redline motor and tranny (with computer) instead? Thanks for the help.

Clint

Re: still building my motor
Thursday, September 11, 2008 2:04 PM
If you have the money to put the redline motor in go for it. That would be a sleeper from hell depending on what u have done to the outside of the car.
Re: still building my motor
Thursday, September 11, 2008 3:06 PM
What kind of car are you driving? Cavalier/sunfire, cobalt, ion, etc...?

There are lots of performance mods for an automatic 2.2. The auto part has nothing to really do with the engine mods except for a turbo kit.

As far as a tuning program, hptuners.com. Check it out. <-----depends on what car you have.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search