Mod guidance on 08 cobalt ls. Please Help. - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Mod guidance on 08 cobalt ls. Please Help.
Thursday, August 07, 2008 9:28 AM
I have just bought my first car, an 08 Cobalt ls and so far i am happy except for the fact i had to get an automatic trans. I was wondering how much that would be affected if i started adding mods and what my options are?

Re: Mod guidance on 08 cobalt ls. Please Help.
Friday, August 08, 2008 12:35 PM
You shouldn't have too many problems getting parts depending on what you want. Go to zzperformance.com and turbotechracing.com for a start. Allecotec.com is another good site. You should make a plan to go with x amount of horsepower/torque, and figure out how you will achieve this effectively.
Thursday, September 11, 2008 1:59 PM
i have an automatic 04 cavy with intake and exhaust and i have takin it down the strip multiple times and have never had any side effects.
Thursday, October 16, 2008 7:46 PM
On the Cobalts though, intakes can be a problem.
I hear people getting CELs on them randomly.
The code is always that it is running lean.

I guess when they went from cable actuated throttle to drive by wire the car got finicky.
Or perhaps it is the sensor being a different design.

Either way, it makes me a little relunctant to get an intake for my 07 Cobalt.

I really do not want to go lean just to get under 7hp.

The CAI on my wife's 03 Sunfire has never had a CEL pop up, and the car loves it.

2003 Sunfire with 2 1/4 inch turbo muffler, 2 1/4 piping, 2 1/2 inch resonator, a 2 1/4 inch catalytic converter, 2 1/2 inch down-pipe, a 4:2:1 RK Sports 'clone' header, E-bay strut brace, ground wire kit and an AEM true cold air intake NOPI edition.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search