Cheap mods - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Cheap mods
Saturday, October 18, 2008 12:16 AM
Honestly, I have not done any testing on this, so anything I say on this will be a guess.

I do doubt it seriously that 89 or 91 octane will burn out the cat on such a high compression and modern motor.

Trifecta vouches that the computer senses what octane/ how easy the fuel burns and can select from two programs to choose which will make the car run better.

I would assume the computer will compensate accordingly and not allow for the cat to burn out.

Maybe on an older car, but not on a car from Y2K .

2003 Sunfire with 2 1/4 inch turbo muffler, 2 1/4 piping, 2 1/2 inch resonator, a 2 1/4 inch catalytic converter, 2 1/2 inch down-pipe, a 4:2:1 RK Sports 'clone' header, E-bay strut brace, ground wire kit and an AEM true cold air intake NOPI edition.

Monday, October 20, 2008 9:08 AM
Mike85220 wrote:Honestly, I have not done any testing on this, so anything I say on this will be a guess.

I do doubt it seriously that 89 or 91 octane will burn out the cat on such a high compression and modern motor.

I know, I was kinda messing around, hoping for that extra 3-7 HP or whatever you might get if the catalyst is burned up in the catcon.
Monday, October 20, 2008 9:23 PM
ok anything else that i might be able to dig up i mean i have a fun automotive shop in my hands what about port and polishing and stuff like that. Any secret screws i can turn or what.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search