About to purchase Saturn Sky Redline: looking for quickest/safest way to ~300-325whp - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
About to purchase Saturn Sky Redline: looking for quickest/safest way to ~300-325whp
Thursday, July 03, 2008 5:04 PM
I am about to purchase a 2008 Sky Redline with a 2l turbocharged Ecotec in it. I'm coming from a C5 Corvette and don't know much about motors with less than 8 cylinders. After test driving the sky I was merely satisfied with the power and think I would like a bit more. I am hoping to achieve a little more than 300 rwhp, and would like to know what is the fastest and safest way to achieve such results? Would an intake, down-pipe, exhaust, and tune do the trick or do I need a bit more?

I appreciate the help, thanks.

Re: About to purchase Saturn Sky Redline: looking for quickest/safest way to ~300-325whp
Saturday, July 05, 2008 6:44 AM
down pipe and full exhaust should do alot, and a tune, you might already be there.
Re: About to purchase Saturn Sky Redline: looking for quickest/safest way to ~300-325whp
Thursday, July 10, 2008 7:04 PM
to get that you have to remove all the electrik composant and run it with greddy. but you need $$$. I take ride with his skyline with this setup. this ride was safe because I set a no rpm cut off. but its possible.
Friday, July 11, 2008 5:04 AM
^ I think what he was trying to say is, buy a stand alone. I dont think this will quite reach your goal, but with some parts and a stand alone you might be able to do it.
Monday, September 29, 2008 7:08 PM
300-325hp hmmm intercooler, down-pipe and intake that might gain you some. A boost increase will get you there for sure if you tune for it. main thing to remember is each part is dependent on the others to work best. Your stock intercooler is good for the power it makes stock pushing it further will heat soak it faster. The intake is good for not much over the 260 hp worth of air you use so that will have to change. you see my point it is all connected as a total system.

"Racing is life Everything else is just waiting"
Phil
Wednesday, October 08, 2008 3:41 PM
Do your research and u will find that 300hp is easy to reach but may not be all that cheap look into the stages, intake, and full exhaust and u will be there in no time my friend.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008 11:20 PM
skip on the redline, buy a base model and either put on a hahn turbo kit, or a mallett inc supercharger LE5 for the win ( note: i drive a cobalt ss/sc with LSJ )
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search