The quarter mile (i need some input on this one) - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The quarter mile (i need some input on this one)
Friday, February 27, 2009 10:38 AM
so i got a all new exhaust and tires rims and some coilovers from KM aswell as a CAI so i raaced my dad in the 1/4 mile but there is a problem i ran into.....

THE GOVERNOR SHUT ME DOWN AT 98!!!!!!!! i dont even know of anything out yet that can mod my computer :-(((

PLEASE HELP i need to beat him

Re: The quarter mile (i need some input on this one)
Friday, February 27, 2009 11:55 AM
Where in the country are you located at?
Friday, February 27, 2009 12:30 PM
right now in Colorado Springs, Colorado moving back to Southern California this summer.

the altitude doesnt let my car breathe :-(
Friday, February 27, 2009 8:05 PM
And you have a cobalt? how does it govern you at 98, my cousins hits 125+ and its the ls model
Sunday, March 01, 2009 1:10 PM
i dont know it makes no sense
Sunday, March 01, 2009 7:30 PM
HP tuner is your friend!!!! my govener is set at 345mph... no chance of hittin that.

491whp, 393wtq
11.93@ 127mph
Raven Autosports (902)850-3330

Monday, March 02, 2009 11:54 AM
What was your time for this 1/4? What were your mods on that run?
Monday, March 02, 2009 1:58 PM
Jason Brantner wrote:What was your time for this 1/4? What were your mods on that run?

not too much but i have CAI, full exhaust, lighter car parts and some other stuff.
Monday, March 02, 2009 4:10 PM
Well if your hittin 98 mph before you hit the end you almost have to be running boost or something major. a cobalt with your mods would never hit 98 mph in a 1/4 mile. you would have to be running in the 14's. thats a boosted cobalt range
Monday, March 02, 2009 4:54 PM
no im not saying im hitting that mark in 1/4 mile im saying that when i do want to where do i go to get something that will make a higher limiter
Tuesday, March 03, 2009 5:06 AM
Well it said you ran into it, if you have never hit that mark then don;t worry till you do

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 11:30 AM
i have hit the mark of 98 mph just not in a quarter mile...... So!? what do i need to get?
Tuesday, March 03, 2009 9:56 PM
Tune you car, UNDREDAWG said hptuners, only thing i know of, just be careful so you don't mess stuff up.
Tuesday, June 09, 2009 11:10 AM
there is also a piggy back system made by jet chip. its called the Jet SCU-2000. its offered for auto tranny's only tho. and i have yet to find someone whom has installed it on a cavi. but andysautosport.com claims it will work for the cavi. and its a heck of a lot cheaper then tuning the ecu. but of coarse you will gain and or unleash power from tuning and all your doing with the jet scu-2000 is removes the top speed limiter and allows you to correct your speedometer and your tach if you make gear ratio changes or change tire size.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search