BOV questions? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
BOV questions?
Thursday, April 02, 2009 8:50 AM
I want to know why my BOV only goes off when i'm at 75%-100% boost....and i see other people that just throttle there cars a little and theirs goes off...is mine not installed correctly?

Re: BOV questions?
Thursday, April 02, 2009 10:07 AM
What makes you think that it's not "going off"? It's job is to recirculate air...you're not necessarily gonna hear it always on low boost levels.
Thursday, April 02, 2009 2:11 PM
jeremy schaffer wrote:What makes you think that it's not "going off"? It's job is to recirculate air...you're not necessarily gonna hear it always on low boost levels.

A blowoff valve is a pressure release system present in turbocharged engines. Its purpose is to prevent compressor surge and reduce wear on the engine.

He is right about not always hearing it. They are vaccuum operated, so when your throttle closes(letting off the gas), vaccum builds in the manifold and the valve will go off.
Wednesday, April 08, 2009 9:28 PM
so the higher your BOV is set the less likly its to go off?
Thursday, April 09, 2009 7:10 PM
I don't know anything really about if they are adjustable, i assumed they were non adjustable, your wastegate is what determines how much boost you make. The more PSI you build, the louder it'll be. BUT each BOV has a different sound/loudness. Some are quiet, some are super loud.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search