04 malibu classic - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
04 malibu classic
Friday, April 10, 2009 3:19 PM
Hi guys,
I'm new to this forum, I have an 04 malibu classic made in 02/04. The car is the 03 body style, GM redesigned it in 06/04. My car has the 2.2 ecotec. I simply want to know,what bolt ons i can add for performance. When I order parts do I order for an 03 or 04?

Re: 04 malibu classic
Friday, April 10, 2009 6:00 PM
Your best bet would be to send an email to companies that you would be buying from before ordering any parts just to make sure you get the right parts. Do you happen to know if the new body styles come with an eco in it?
Saturday, April 11, 2009 2:12 PM
The 04 and newer Malibus have a new body style.My car is an 04 but its really an 03 body style. I seen headers,CAI systems and throttle bodies but I didnt see pullys yet. Hopefully after all these upgrades the PCM won't go nuts. Eaton does make a supercharger for the ecotec,but it might be tricky tuning the pcm in the Malibu.
Saturday, April 11, 2009 2:39 PM
I have the S/C on my car. But there's a reflash program for my cav. And yes, I understand what year and model/bodystyle you have. Like I said, just contact the sellers/companies before you order.

With header, intake, T/B, exhaust, your PCM will be fine.
Saturday, April 11, 2009 4:37 PM
How different is the cav's PCM compared to a malibu?
Saturday, April 11, 2009 10:41 PM
I'm pretty sure its completely different. I know you can't flash the S/C program to it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search