Finding Superchargers - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Finding Superchargers
Wednesday, February 18, 2009 12:38 PM
Newbie here. What are some of the best companies for a supercharger for my 2004 Cavalier with a 2.2L?

Re: Finding Superchargers
Thursday, February 19, 2009 1:50 PM
well the superchargers are hard to get a hold of nowadays since production stopped on them, try gmpartsdirect.com and type in 17800003 for a part number or summit. or rob one off of a cobalt ss like im going to do.
Monday, February 23, 2009 9:33 PM
If u take it off a cobalt ss will it fit on the block? And what about the heat exchanger fitting?
Tuesday, February 24, 2009 6:49 AM
The heat exchanger fittings are on the intake manifold. The intake manifold will bolt right up to any gm ecotec. seen it done and the kit is basically the same as what is on the ss. the only thing you may need is a modified wiring harness, serpentine belt, and throttle body adapter which all of these have fixes. go to www.jbody.org and look around in the boost forum. There is a post where it is a complete list of what you would need for an entire kit off of an ss. I know this works because I myself am doing it this summer.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009 8:42 AM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=40&i=159894&t=159894

Read that. I pieced together a kit. It sucked. Needed an adapter for the throttle body, needed to modify my fuel rail because the injectors were too short. Ran into a few other snags, like the wrong bolt sizes here and there. Then I had to get my car to the dealer for the reflash. I was charged for 1 hr. It took like 2.5 hrs to flash the computer because I didn't have a certain serial number that you get with the S/C kit.

It may be worth while to try and locate a kit, or find someone selling theirs.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009 1:26 PM
Thank you, I have been trying to find that link to put it up there. Hopefully it helps him out. I know its helping me out.
Monday, March 30, 2009 12:21 PM
part number 17800003 has been discontinued and is no longer available

Dont be a smarta$$...although it is better than being a dumba$$
Thursday, May 07, 2009 9:10 AM
Here is a link to my thread when i installed my S/C. I pieced the kit together off a Cobalt SS/SC. I am running the LSJ injectors(w/o modding the fuel rail), a mustang cobra H/E, dualpass endplate, and a smaller pulley.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=333243&t=333243&p=5

Relocation of the battery is not required, but i did it for the ease of my "intake".

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search