performance ideas for my stock 04 cavalier - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
performance ideas for my stock 04 cavalier
Monday, February 04, 2008 1:15 PM
any ideas for my 2004 cavalier

Re: performance ideas for my stock 04 cavalier
Monday, February 04, 2008 1:31 PM
any thoughts maybe? there is alot you could do
Monday, February 04, 2008 4:56 PM
well right now i have air intake, and headers; next i was thinking catback, cams, and hp tuners programmer

what else do u think i should do. i want to turbo it next summer
Friday, February 22, 2008 12:22 PM
you might as well do a full exhaust if you have a header. and if you havnt heard of this:LN5 IM
ive seen a dyno sheet with a much improved top end.

Listen F***ers. FASTERTHANAHONDA is a joke because I WORK FOR HONDA. I'll talk @!#$ about Fords to, that doesn't mean I can beat a 12 second mustang.
Friday, February 22, 2008 4:52 PM
definately start with the basics first.....ie aem intake.....maybe some plugs and wires......but most importantly make sure your cavi is running in good stock condition before u do anything....that will give u a good base to build off of. id wait to invest in an exhaust until u really know what your going to be dealing with and wanting to get into....this is because you may start off with an upgraded exhaust and then later on have to go to a bigger piping size......an exhaust really isnt going to do much for you yet anyways.
Sunday, April 12, 2009 7:18 PM
LN5 IM starts at an 05 to 07 motor. Why would it not fit an 04?

I also have an 04 looking to help it beat the hondas and such.

This is also my 120 mile a day work car so no turbo going on mine but I want more zip.

2004 ecotec 5 speed. Injen intake,better plugs and wires. Just lowered it and added a wing.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009 1:43 PM
exhaust would too help, alot, best mod to do after an intake. especially since he has a header, run some 2.25" prolly. if you got the LE5 intake mani make sure you get hptuners. in order to gain anything from the mani you need to tune really for our cars.
Thursday, April 16, 2009 8:57 PM
I head that Trifecta was going to make a tune for the 04's and the intake swap could be on that. Are they going to do it? Though that would be more of a basic tune it could save some money for other mods.

04 Cav auto
95 Beretta auto
Sunday, April 19, 2009 5:56 PM
Yeah, about that, I talked to the guy from trifecta and he said it would be ready by early april. Obviously he lied. Especially since he keeps saying that it is next on its list.
Friday, April 24, 2009 10:56 AM
I sent him a email and he never got back to me. I'm starting to think twice about them.

04 Cav auto
95 Beretta auto
Thursday, May 07, 2009 8:48 AM
I know that cobalt guys love Trifecta, but custom tune > any off the shelf crap. Find someone in your area with HTP, give them $100 for the credits, then bring beer and pizza for their time.

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Friday, May 29, 2009 7:06 AM
2doorcav wrote:LN5 IM starts at an 05 to 07 motor. Why would it not fit an 04?

This is also my 120 mile a day work car so no turbo going on mine but I want more zip.

the intake will bolt up to any ecotec motor.

my buddy gets 400 miles to a tank w/ a turbo setup and he drives to and from school (40 miles each way).

Tuesday, June 09, 2009 10:58 AM
2doorcav wrote:LN5 IM starts at an 05 to 07 motor. Why would it not fit an 04?

it should fit its the same engine. this product will fit and its for the 07 .http://www.crateenginedepot.com/store/Cobalt-24-Intake-Kit-W67C144.aspx
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search