aftermarket header? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
aftermarket header?
Saturday, June 13, 2009 6:53 PM
i recently put on a pacesetter stock tubular manifold and was wanting to get maybe a race header any suggestions?

Re: aftermarket header?
Thursday, June 18, 2009 7:38 AM
Go with the pacesetter header for the 2.2 motor. I recently hooked up my header with a full flow cat and a cat-back from magnaflow and I notice a huge difference in all aspects of horsepower performance...I was shocked!!!

Dont be a smarta$$...although it is better than being a dumba$$
Friday, June 19, 2009 7:03 PM
i already have a custom 2 1/2 inch catback with vibran muffler already has a very throaty tone to it how did yours sound after you put on the pacesetter?
Sunday, June 28, 2009 7:06 PM
I prefer the rksport style header. I notice alot more low end with it over the Pacesetter and a deeper exhaust note were the pacesetter ruined my sound. It made it sound ricey no offence jeff just my oppinion.
Sunday, July 05, 2009 8:41 PM
I'm with Caleb on this. If your car is a street car the 4-2-1 header is the best(RK Sport header). If you are going to do a race only car your Pacesetter is the best along with a short ram intake. In other words, a CAI and a 4-2-1 header will both make more TQ, which is good for a street car. You can mix and match though, but it is best to build for what it's most used for. If you are going to stick with all top end power you should think about a underdrive crank pulley(or light weight crank pulley) and a overdrive alt pulley(not needed for the light weight crank pulley). That way you get into the high RPM faster and you can keep your Pacesetter.

04 Cav auto
95 Beretta auto
Sunday, July 12, 2009 7:02 PM
thank you guys its nice to hear from people who know what their talking about thanks for the advice.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search