New intake manifold for ECOtec owners! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New intake manifold for ECOtec owners!
Thursday, November 27, 2008 12:49 PM
Hey guys! Just showin around that we just released a new intake manifold for the ECOtec engine!! This thing is decked out with a HUUUUGE 307 cu in collector for the LS1 throttle body and a 260 cu in collector for the OEM throttle body. 3" length runners, all aluminum construction, o-ring sealing head flange and internal port sanding for smooth transitions makes this manifold a recipe for power! Thanks again to all the ecotec tuners for helping our company grow and able to research new products like this one! This is not a OEM replacement for any of the ECOtecs... it does require movement of the throttle body location.

Manifold is shown with the LS1 throttle body...

Re: New intake manifold for ECOtec owners!
Monday, December 01, 2008 8:38 PM
ya but its not street legal. It wont work with the factory PCM.
Tuesday, December 02, 2008 4:01 PM
Why is it not street legal? And why does it not work with the factory PCM?
Tuesday, December 09, 2008 9:36 AM
I dont know exactly y it wont work it says it wont in the gm performance parts magazine. Not working with the stock PCM is what makes it not street legal.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008 11:23 AM
Caleb Douglas wrote:I dont know exactly y it wont work it says it wont in the gm performance parts magazine. Not working with the stock PCM is what makes it not street legal.

are you Nucking Futs

What the holy hell are you talking about?

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 11:45 AM
Im talking about the intake so dont talk to me like that. What im saying is that GMperformance parts has an intake just like that and its not street legal because it doesn't work with the stock PCM.
Thursday, December 18, 2008 1:25 PM
This one should be functional with the stock PCM as long as the oem throttle body is used with it retaining all normal functions. As well as our newest flange design also supports the PCV valve. The MAP sensor is to be hooked to a vac line from the threaded ports on top of it. With these all in place there is no reason for it not to be street legal, as long as no check engine lights appear your all set.
Sunday, December 21, 2008 11:18 AM
Wow that is cool. I wasn't challenging anybody or there products. I was just going off of a simuler product. So im sorry for any misconseptions.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009 4:20 PM
Cool can't wait to see any dyno. results. Any bench flow results coming ?
Friday, March 27, 2009 12:09 PM
Ok...I want one that will bolt right up to my motor. Which one would u recomend for that?

Dont be a smarta$$...although it is better than being a dumba$$
Thursday, May 14, 2009 11:36 AM
Any more news on this intake....does it work with stock TB?

Does it kill low end on what?

2004 ecotec 5 speed. Injen intake,better plugs and wires. Just lowered it and added a wing.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 10:48 AM
to 2doorcav:
my guess is it would kill low end torque greatly, but give you some gain at high end rpm... it will probably effect the rpm range too( it will decrease).
your torque curve will bottom out below stock at 3300 rpm and stay there up to 4500 rpm with the lowest point at about 3900rpm
but, however at 5000 rpm the torque curve will jump above stock and at 6500 rpm the new torque curve is way above stock curve.
so like i said high end torque..2.2 ft/lbs

the horsepower curve is very similar it gets below stock curve at 3000rpm and gets above at 4750 rpm and the major horsepower jump is gonna be at 6500 rpm maybe 13 hp

so here is the bottom line...
1.)the original is plastic= its probably lighter then the aluminum in fact i would bet on it.
2.)13hp for almost $600 is it worth it to you?
3.) unless you drive at high rpm always than this product might be ok for you. i happen to get my power from mid-range so it would be a negative application for me
4.)i must say it looks alot better then the plastic, and from what i see those welds look great( that's a compliment from an experienced welder).
5.)*****b/c of the weight difference between the plastic and the aluminum, the hp and torque gain will probably go completely unnoticed. the 2.2 lbs/ft will be used up b/c of the added weight, and b/c the added weight the amount of horsepower gain would be so minute it would be completely worthless.

***** IF YOU STILL WANT THIS PRODUCT FOR HIGH END POWER*****
I RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT INSTEAD http://www.crateenginedepot.com/store/Cobalt-24-Intake-Kit-W67C144.aspx

IT WILL FIT ANY OF THE ECOTEC ENGINES, IT WILL FOR A FACT FIT THE OF ECOTEC CAVALIER. ITS A DIRECT FIT.
AND ITS A QUALITY PRODUCT MADE BY GM PERFORMANCE...

sorry to Vulcan Turbo if i make you lose business, but I am just a Ecotec guy who wants other ecotec owners to buy the right stuff for the car and not settle for second best

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search