finding the best fitting air intake - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
finding the best fitting air intake
Monday, July 13, 2009 10:29 PM
i have this airintake that looks like the aem setup. it has this 90 degree rubber fitting that connects right to the throttlebody to the rest of the cold air and it doesnt really fit that well had to cut out some of the hood insulation and it still touches the hood were i am from not to much for domestic cars. so local help is no help.

Re: finding the best fitting air intake
Monday, July 13, 2009 10:30 PM
also what is he easiest way to get more power without doing the turbo thing
Thursday, August 06, 2009 3:18 PM
you might try cutting some of the fitting that connects to the throttle body,but do this at your own risk,i had to do this with mine,and there's lots of ways to get more power without doing the turbo thing,how much do you want to spend?

Thursday, August 06, 2009 7:29 PM
yeah ok i'll take a look at that plus i only want to spend a few grand or so not to much right now economy sucks oilfield slow
Friday, August 07, 2009 11:51 AM
well turbo or nitrous are your cheapest bang for the buck upgrades,period.if you're just looking for a little bit more power and a good build beef up your suspension and then motor mounts,cams,exhaust will all give you a peppy nice ride

Sunday, September 06, 2009 5:46 PM
If you want to spend a couple grand and don't like the idea of a turbo find a reputable machine shop that can bore your block and find some internals to match]:-> (allecotec.com is a good place to start)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search