Turbo for 2.2 ecotec cobalt - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Turbo for 2.2 ecotec cobalt
Tuesday, June 16, 2009 7:04 PM
I am very new to mods for smaller engines. I am curious if it is better to buy a complete kit ready to go or buy individual parts. I am wanting to put something on it that won't damage my stock engine. I have cold air and exhaust now but am not impressed with the hp gain. Can anyone give me any tips about a turbo?

dale williford

Re: Turbo for 2.2 ecotec cobalt
Thursday, September 24, 2009 3:22 PM
ok.. you have full cold air intake??? or short ram??? full is twice as good as short ram.. and when you say exhaust what do you mean EXACTLY... a muffler does nothing for performance that you will notice. a header by itself wont do much at all.. for example im running, pacesetter header, 2.5 in all the way high flow cat, no resonater glass pack and y piped to 2, 4.5in tips. and some other motor goodies... haha. but that exhaust set up is loud and awsome. i noticed way more throttle response and holy s#^% its loud now. haha. and i picked up quite a bit of hp. what do you mean when you say you have exhaust though??? but to answer your first ? the best turbo kit ive heard of is hahn race craft's stage 2. its the best for our engines. its $3500 but thats not a bad price to pay for another 85-110 hp. lol
Re: Turbo for 2.2 ecotec cobalt
Monday, November 30, 2009 6:11 AM
you can do superchargers for less price
i put a used stage 2 supercharger on my 2.2 HHR for around $1500 total.
easier to do and same amount or more horsepower. with a 2.9 pulley i am getting 14 lbs of boost.
Trifecta Performance tune since i am a dealer and it works well

Chevy owner since age 14. 40th year.
2.2 LS Auto- 130+ mods and re-mods
2006 HHR of the Year
http://www.motortopia.com/garage/cars/CjsShagy
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2246814

Sean Joseph (Shagy) Krause 11/1/1986- 5/1/2005
Click HERE to view our Son Sean's Memorial with pics, guest book and biography.
Sean and Gpa's, together again. We miss you bud.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search