To get to 250-300hp - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
To get to 250-300hp
Tuesday, December 01, 2009 5:08 PM
Hey guys need some pointers on where to start out on getting my 2.2l to the 250-300hp range.

Thanks,
Bennett

Re: To get to 250-300hp
Tuesday, December 01, 2009 5:16 PM
I hate to say it, but boost is best way. More or less it's the only way.

04 Cav auto
95 Beretta auto
Tuesday, December 01, 2009 5:24 PM
now which would you say is the best supercharger or turbo? and what other mods would i need to do to get the full potential out of the boost? other than intake and exhaust.... sorry im used to tuning diesels hahaa
Tuesday, December 01, 2009 5:30 PM
What trans do you have?

04 Cav auto
95 Beretta auto
Tuesday, December 01, 2009 5:47 PM
right now im looking for one... im currently have the engine and am looking to build it up before i swap it into my dune buggy. But it would probably be one that mates up to it easy like a cobalt manual.
Tuesday, December 01, 2009 7:07 PM
I'm more or less new around here, still. But I will say that you can use whatever you want with the dune buggy and a manual. I'm not sure why you would need 300hp though. A turbo would be good so you can get better MPG until you mash the gas. Are you going to race this thing? Are you going to use a stand alone computer? It would be for the best.

04 Cav auto
95 Beretta auto
Tuesday, December 01, 2009 8:19 PM
the more power i can get the better especially in the dunes but id be happy with 250 just the buggy is pretty heavy for its kind almost 2k lbs. As for the stand alone computer elaborate please still trying to learn as much as i can about little electronically controlled gassers what can i say i still have diesel running in my vains. By the way thanks for the input.
Wednesday, December 02, 2009 6:32 AM
I have never used a stand alone, but it would be very much needed in what you are doing. It's a computer for any combo(engine/auto trans,N/A or boost). It can control everything like a stock computer. You are going to need to read all the sensors and control the injectors(no need to control a manual trans). Go to AEM and look around. It is not that much of a change from a diesel, so you already know what you need. You are going to need a better fuel pump than just a stock 2.2 for boost. I don't know what your plans are for wiring this engine.

Look into a MSD distributor. You don't need power steering and the distributor goes there. Also that will free up some power and may cut down on some tuning. Though it may be more work to set the distributor up for boost. Boost costs alot, but there is more power to be had. You are really going to have to look into both N/A and boost. Find out what you want and go from there. I swear that there is an Ecotec build guide somewhere on this site. That would help some. It is from a book done by GM and I bought one from my dealer. As for putting in the rail that is story I don't know much about. 250hp N/A is a dream for most of us N/A guys and it's hard to get with out some engine work. The Ecotec is set up for a little boost from GM. As I said you will need to find out what you plan to do first(N/A or boost). There would be more help here http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/ this place is dead.

04 Cav auto
95 Beretta auto
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search