2.6" Pulley - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.6" Pulley
Saturday, December 26, 2009 3:49 PM
I want to order and install a 2.6" pulley on a 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2.0L ecotec, but am wondering if it is really worth it? Has anyone here installed one yet? If you could include pictures that would be appriciated.

Re: 2.6" Pulley
Wednesday, February 03, 2010 9:54 AM
Running a 2.6 pulley requires you to shave the snout. You can't run anything lower then a 2.7 without shaving the snout. Also you will need a hub from a company to put it on the supercharger. And last but not least you can't run a 2.6 on stock injectors, you would need 60lb injectors and to go along with that a tune. You can't just drop new injectors to these cars without tuning the ecu, I would know because I am a lsj/lnf tuner
Sunday, March 06, 2011 4:12 PM
can you run a 2.7 or 2.8 with out change the injector im runing cobar 39 injector now, and i have a automatic?
Tuesday, April 19, 2011 5:42 AM
Zach wrote:Running a 2.6 pulley requires you to shave the snout. You can't run anything lower then a 2.7 without shaving the snout. Also you will need a hub from a company to put it on the supercharger. And last but not least you can't run a 2.6 on stock injectors, you would need 60lb injectors and to go along with that a tune. You can't just drop new injectors to these cars without tuning the ecu, I would know because I am a lsj/lnf tuner

With ZZP Modular Pulley System you can run down to a 2.6" pulley without shaving the snout.
Tuesday, April 19, 2011 5:43 AM
Not really worth it with the extra heat it creates and technically spins the supercharger a lot faster than the manufacturer recommends. Just figured I would add this. Myself I would only go to a 2.8" at the smallest, just my opinion.
Monday, July 18, 2011 6:49 PM
It a yes and a no.. The cranckshaft pulleys can mess up the cranckshaft tolerances and not worth it. A lightweight flywheel on the otherhand is an excellent mod. I have one on my Honda Prelude and it makes a world of a difference.
Thursday, July 21, 2011 6:55 PM
Katrina Jones wrote:It a yes and a no.. The cranckshaft pulleys can mess up the cranckshaft tolerances and not worth it. A lightweight flywheel on the otherhand is an excellent mod. I have one on my Honda Prelude and it makes a world of a difference.

You do realize he's talking about super charger pulley right?

I wouldnt run smaller than a 2.7, but anything smaller than stock requires bigger injectors, 42's should be fine down to a 3" but below that I suggest 60's.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search