power with carbs - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
power with carbs
Monday, December 28, 2009 5:03 PM
has anybody got 250-300 horse power out of a 2.0 with carburetors?
kenny33 little yellow votte

Re: power with carbs
Saturday, January 02, 2010 1:18 PM
Why carbs?

219whp - I <3 whine

Tuesday, January 05, 2010 4:40 PM
our rules at meridian speedway. I can do anything I want to the engine except turbo,supercharge,or compressed gasses.
I used some comp. cams,je 12.5-1 pistons,billets rods,lightened and knife edge crankshaft,blank counterweights,adjustable
cam gears,4- 44 mil. muck uni's carbs,and a try y header.
I only had a max hp. of 147.89 at 7600 rpm and 115.92 of torque at 6400 rpm.
I think I must be missing something big. (honda s2000 are 240 to the flywheel stock)

I need help
kenny 33 little yellow vette
still running the old 90's cavalier
Friday, January 08, 2010 10:10 PM
Yea, it needs to be tuned. Im assuming that you are talking about the 2.0L out of a Cobalt SS. Is there are rule against fuel injection?

The 2.0L(LSJ/LNF) is a good block for high rpm engines and being that you have to be N/A you will need it. But the cylinder heads can only accommodate intake manifolds for super/turbocharged applications. If there is no rule against fuel injection i'd swap to a ported 2.2L head(it is a direct swap), stage 3 cams from comp, add an intake manifold from a 2.4L ecotec(LE5), larger injectors, and tune it with HPTuners or run a standalone.

Wait,
ken chandler wrote:4- 44 mil. muck uni's carbs,

Just comprehended that. Your trying to run ITBs, right? If so scratch the above recommendations. As far as i know, know one has successfully ran ITBs on an Ecotec. We are not that far yet as a tuning community(we are about 10 years behind honda). If this is the case you are going to want to head over to Ecotecforum.com. There are alot more ecotec gurus over there than here. Just make sure to post pics.

219whp - I <3 whine

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search